Newbie Reefer from Connecticut

Lord Gold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I wanted to start off by introducing myself, and giving a bit of info about my current (first!) set up. I've wanted to keep saltwater fish for years, and recently finally bought a Waterbox Cube 20+ (comes with the AI Prime HD light) as my first tank. I used dry reef saver rock, and Caribsea Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black Sand. I'm also currently using Tropic Marin Reef Pro salt. Admittedly, I'm not too happy with my first rockscape. I kinda rushed it in my excitement. To perform my Nitrogen Cycle, I decided to use Microbacter7 and Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride. This Sunday will be the end of week 2, and it looks like I will be ready to add fish! Ammonia started at 3 ppm, and is now 0, nitrites went up to 5 ppm and are now at .25 ppm, and nitrates are currently at 20 ppm. I'm hoping to go buy a couple of clowns tomorrow, do a large water change while they acclimate then add them in. I'm super excited, and I look forward to learning a ton through this forum. I must admit, I have done nothing but lurk on this forum and watch Bulk Reef Supply videos on YouTube. Ryan and Randy's guidance have been invaluable in me starting my tank and set-up. Thank you in advance for any help provided, and I look forward to getting to know some of you folks in the future!

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

A1DC1DD0-B741-4016-84F2-F9F97A9153CF.gif

OP
OP
Lord Gold

Lord Gold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, fellow CT Reefer! I’m in Fairfield. If you have any questions as you embark on your reefing journey, please do not hesitate to ask. :)
It's a small world! I'm in between Quinebaug and Tolland, but will end up in Tolland full time soon. Thank you Water Dog. I appreciate the kindness!

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I wanted to start off by introducing myself, and giving a bit of info about my current (first!) set up. I've wanted to keep saltwater fish for years, and recently finally bought a Waterbox Cube 20+ (comes with the AI Prime HD light) as my first tank. I used dry reef saver rock, and Caribsea Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black Sand. I'm also currently using Tropic Marin Reef Pro salt. Admittedly, I'm not too happy with my first rockscape. I kinda rushed it in my excitement. To perform my Nitrogen Cycle, I decided to use Microbacter7 and Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride. This Sunday will be the end of week 2, and it looks like I will be ready to add fish! Ammonia started at 3 ppm, and is now 0, nitrites went up to 5 ppm and are now at .25 ppm, and nitrates are currently at 20 ppm. I'm hoping to go buy a couple of clowns tomorrow, do a large water change while they acclimate then add them in. I'm super excited, and I look forward to learning a ton through this forum. I must admit, I have done nothing but lurk on this forum and watch Bulk Reef Supply videos on YouTube. Ryan and Randy's guidance have been invaluable in me starting my tank and set-up. Thank you in advance for any help provided, and I look forward to getting to know some of you folks in the future!

Welcome! So glad you’ve moved from a lurker to a member! I’m not happy with my rockscape either. I need to change it up some.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 72 38.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back