13   0   0
1567865857647.png

Rick Mathew

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I wanted to start off by introducing myself, and giving a bit of info about my current (first!) set up. I've wanted to keep saltwater fish for years, and recently finally bought a Waterbox Cube 20+ (comes with the AI Prime HD light) as my first tank. I used dry reef saver rock, and Caribsea Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black Sand. I'm also currently using Tropic Marin Reef Pro salt. Admittedly, I'm not too happy with my first rockscape. I kinda rushed it in my excitement. To perform my Nitrogen Cycle, I decided to use Microbacter7 and Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride. This Sunday will be the end of week 2, and it looks like I will be ready to add fish! Ammonia started at 3 ppm, and is now 0, nitrites went up to 5 ppm and are now at .25 ppm, and nitrates are currently at 20 ppm. I'm hoping to go buy a couple of clowns tomorrow, do a large water change while they acclimate then add them in. I'm super excited, and I look forward to learning a ton through this forum. I must admit, I have done nothing but lurk on this forum and watch Bulk Reef Supply videos on YouTube. Ryan and Randy's guidance have been invaluable in me starting my tank and set-up. Thank you in advance for any help provided, and I look forward to getting to know some of you folks in the future!

Welcome...Great to have you....Read...Learn...Try!

OP
OP
Lord Gold

Lord Gold

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best pictures, but here are the first residents for those interested. :D I hope I attached them correctly. I'm not 100% sure of the exact names. If I had to guess, I believe the little guy is a Blacker Ice, and what I'm assuming is a female is a Davinci? (Corrections welcomed :D Thank you all for the kind words. I tried keeping up with you all, but the warm welcomes poured in faster than I anticipated! From what I was told at my LFS, they came in already paired from a customer, and they get along great. The female is a pig, and gets a little bossy when she's hungry though.
IMG_20190909_161750.jpg
IMG_20190909_162842.jpg
MVIMG_20190909_161819.jpg MVIMG_20190908_172128.jpg

Robert Ranciato

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello everyone! I wanted to start off by introducing myself, and giving a bit of info about my current (first!) set up. I've wanted to keep saltwater fish for years, and recently finally bought a Waterbox Cube 20+ (comes with the AI Prime HD light) as my first tank. I used dry reef saver rock, and Caribsea Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black Sand. I'm also currently using Tropic Marin Reef Pro salt. Admittedly, I'm not too happy with my first rockscape. I kinda rushed it in my excitement. To perform my Nitrogen Cycle, I decided to use Microbacter7 and Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride. This Sunday will be the end of week 2, and it looks like I will be ready to add fish! Ammonia started at 3 ppm, and is now 0, nitrites went up to 5 ppm and are now at .25 ppm, and nitrates are currently at 20 ppm. I'm hoping to go buy a couple of clowns tomorrow, do a large water change while they acclimate then add them in. I'm super excited, and I look forward to learning a ton through this forum. I must admit, I have done nothing but lurk on this forum and watch Bulk Reef Supply videos on YouTube. Ryan and Randy's guidance have been invaluable in me starting my tank and set-up. Thank you in advance for any help provided, and I look forward to getting to know some of you folks in the future!
Welcome

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back