Newbie Reefer from Connecticut

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lord Gold
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
1567865857647.png
 
Hello everyone! I wanted to start off by introducing myself, and giving a bit of info about my current (first!) set up. I've wanted to keep saltwater fish for years, and recently finally bought a Waterbox Cube 20+ (comes with the AI Prime HD light) as my first tank. I used dry reef saver rock, and Caribsea Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black Sand. I'm also currently using Tropic Marin Reef Pro salt. Admittedly, I'm not too happy with my first rockscape. I kinda rushed it in my excitement. To perform my Nitrogen Cycle, I decided to use Microbacter7 and Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride. This Sunday will be the end of week 2, and it looks like I will be ready to add fish! Ammonia started at 3 ppm, and is now 0, nitrites went up to 5 ppm and are now at .25 ppm, and nitrates are currently at 20 ppm. I'm hoping to go buy a couple of clowns tomorrow, do a large water change while they acclimate then add them in. I'm super excited, and I look forward to learning a ton through this forum. I must admit, I have done nothing but lurk on this forum and watch Bulk Reef Supply videos on YouTube. Ryan and Randy's guidance have been invaluable in me starting my tank and set-up. Thank you in advance for any help provided, and I look forward to getting to know some of you folks in the future!

Welcome...Great to have you....Read...Learn...Try!
 
Not the best pictures, but here are the first residents for those interested. :D I hope I attached them correctly. I'm not 100% sure of the exact names. If I had to guess, I believe the little guy is a Blacker Ice, and what I'm assuming is a female is a Davinci? (Corrections welcomed :D Thank you all for the kind words. I tried keeping up with you all, but the warm welcomes poured in faster than I anticipated! From what I was told at my LFS, they came in already paired from a customer, and they get along great. The female is a pig, and gets a little bossy when she's hungry though.
IMG_20190909_161750.jpg
IMG_20190909_162842.jpg
MVIMG_20190909_161819.jpg MVIMG_20190908_172128.jpg
 
Hello everyone! I wanted to start off by introducing myself, and giving a bit of info about my current (first!) set up. I've wanted to keep saltwater fish for years, and recently finally bought a Waterbox Cube 20+ (comes with the AI Prime HD light) as my first tank. I used dry reef saver rock, and Caribsea Arag-Alive Hawaiian Black Sand. I'm also currently using Tropic Marin Reef Pro salt. Admittedly, I'm not too happy with my first rockscape. I kinda rushed it in my excitement. To perform my Nitrogen Cycle, I decided to use Microbacter7 and Dr. Tim's Ammonium Chloride. This Sunday will be the end of week 2, and it looks like I will be ready to add fish! Ammonia started at 3 ppm, and is now 0, nitrites went up to 5 ppm and are now at .25 ppm, and nitrates are currently at 20 ppm. I'm hoping to go buy a couple of clowns tomorrow, do a large water change while they acclimate then add them in. I'm super excited, and I look forward to learning a ton through this forum. I must admit, I have done nothing but lurk on this forum and watch Bulk Reef Supply videos on YouTube. Ryan and Randy's guidance have been invaluable in me starting my tank and set-up. Thank you in advance for any help provided, and I look forward to getting to know some of you folks in the future!
Welcome
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new