Newbie with a coral torch problem

Thank you. I have 250mg cipro. ( I have most fish antibiotics as they are good for pets and I’m an animal health tech. What is the in a 15 gal tank? Will it hurt my claws or goby or shrimp?
Clownfish. Not claws.
 
Welcome to R2R. You say your tank is about 2mo old? Did your tank completely cycle ( 0 ammonia and 0 Nitrites ) prior to adding the inhabitants including the existing Torch? Seems awfully quick to be adding a Torch or any coral IMO. Can you provide a complete set of parameters ( NO3, PO4, Alk, Cal, Mag, NH3, and NO2 )?
The fish store said water was good, I’ve had them test it a few times as well. don’t know about it ever being down to zero. I got a Red Sea test kit and have been testing
It periodically. I don’t have a test for cal or mag. I’ll retest tomorrow and post I was told to do 1/3 water changes weekly by the salt water store I deal with. I buy the water from them. The specific gravity is 1.024 With the refractometer. I was feeding brightwell coral food, every couple days and I feed mini mysis shrimp to the fish
 
20231004_142712.gif
 
Always find it helpful to really inspect the flesh on new torches and act quickly if anything seems off. Cipro dips are great preventative for euphyllia (a KFC dip is even better). Sometimes torches don't take to change to well and couple that with a little flesh damage and they can take a turn for the worse fairly quickly. Some heads just never bounce back once the flesh recedes enough and the head starts to peel.
 
Hello and Welcome to R2R! I added a leather coral to my tank after two months. The leather did not survive! Now that the tank is 3 1/2 years running, I can add anything. As I always say, have patience and add slowly
 
Last edited:
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
Welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new