eastnjman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I'm new to this hobby but have been in love with it for years. I'm finally in the position to have dedicate time into a tank. I have a 75 gallon tank that I plan to turn into a saltwater tank with corals. Please provide any advice or tips [emoji846]

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Is there any particular area of the hobby that you're looking for advice and tips on?

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The famous phase for this hobby is "Nothing good coming too fast" :p I can say patience do pay off in this hobby. I did fish less cycle with dry rock, dry sand for few months (probably over 8 months because I couldn't find any interested fishes I want to keep), then started with fish only tank for few months (found a batch of baby clown triggers), after they out grow my tank I sold them all and then converted fish only tank to house Anemones and so far so good I have not run into any problems yet in term of Anemone health care.

OP
OP
eastnjman

eastnjman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go slow and be patient....don't try to rush anything in this hobby... it'll be worth the wait....and welcome to the r2r family...lots of great people and info here [emoji482][emoji482]

Deff taking my time. I've been interested for years but just didn't have the time or the money. But things are on the up and up

OP
OP
eastnjman

eastnjman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The famous phase for this hobby is "Nothing good coming too fast" :p I can say patience do pay off in this hobby. I did fish less cycle with dry rock, dry sand for few months (probably over 8 months because I couldn't find any interested fishes I want to keep), then started with fish only tank for few months (found a batch of baby clown triggers), after they out grow my tank I sold them all and then converted fish only tank to house Anemones and so far so good I have not run into any problems yet in term of Anemone health care.

Awesome. When I get advanced down the line I'd like to get an anemone

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchasing equipment. Where to but it, if it's worth the money, if you guys tried it? All that good stuff
|Purchasing equipment
Definitely look at the forum, sometimes you get a reefer getting out of the hobby and selling equipment at a really good price that is in really good condition. Also check craigslist

OP
OP
eastnjman

eastnjman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
|Purchasing equipment
Definitely look at the forum, sometimes you get a reefer getting out of the hobby and selling equipment at a really good price that is in really good condition. Also check craigslist

Thank you I'm looking for that as we speak

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

welcom.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Between Bulk Reef Supply, SB Reef Lights, Reef Cleaners, and Amazon, most of my equipment and supply needs are good to go.

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make a list of the equipment you will want/need and then research specific brands. For instance, you will need a skimmer so research skimmers that might work well with a 75 gal tank. You'll probably want a sump, will need lighting, return pump, circulation pumps/power heads, etc. Figure out what you need and then ask questions, run searches, and so forth.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back