Newbie

Light80

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2022
Messages
48
Reaction score
68
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!! I’m new to reefing but I’ve been using this site as a point of reference prior to getting started. Currently have a AOI 35 gal tank stocked with a pr of clownfish, one scared baby hippo and several soft corals.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hello!! I’m new to reefing but I’ve been using this site as a point of reference prior to getting started. Currently have a AOI 35 gal tank stocked with a pr of clownfish, one scared baby hippo and several soft corals.

Welcome! Glad you joined. My hippo thought it WAS a clownfish for the longest while - during acclimation a clownfish jumped into its box so they spent days together. When both came out, it followed the clownfish around. Whatever the clownfish did, the hippo did. If the clownfish went over and rubbed its belly on a coral frag trying to make coral host it, the blue tang did same right afterwards. Eventually mine got bigger and stopped acting like clownfish copy cat but it was adorable!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:
https://dfwmas.org/https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/dallas-fort-worth-marine-aquarium-society-dfwmas.1415/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef, Can't wait to see what your tank looks like!!
Welcome.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new