Newby and just purchased a Rose Tipped Bubble Anemone

Mouser1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 240 gallon reef tank that has been running for about 14 months. I just purchased a beautiful RTBA and have introduced it to my tank. It was attached to a nice rock so I bought it with the rock thinking that this might reduce it's stress. I read that anemones need a lot of light so I placed the rock with the anemone on it where it will get plenty of light. I and my daughter were watching it and to our surprise it started to move. Within 30 to 40 minutes after it was put in the tank it moved to a shallow cave under a small overhang. Have I made a serious mistake already? What if anything should I do now?

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly recommend that you do... nothing. They’re kinda fickle creatures, but extremely hardy. Normally when I introduce a new bubble tip, I turn off all my power heads and drop it in loose, then wait till it’s firmly attached and slowly turn my power heads on several minutes apart.

These guys very much have personalities and some are more relaxed than others. I’ve had some hide for weeks before they finally decide to pick a spot in the sun.

Also considering the age of the aquarium, I wouldn’t worry. Just let it fly the the free bird it is. :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not ideal for a new tank setup but do not chase parameters or force feed it. Allow it to settle and tank to continue to mature

OP
OP
M

Mouser1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for your inputs. One of the reasons I love this hobby is that I get to learn first hand that these sometimes simple looking creatures are not only beautiful but can do amazing things. I wonder if I was blind I could find shade as quickly as my anemone just did.

OP
OP
M

Mouser1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for your inputs. One of the reasons I love this hobby is that I get to learn first hand that these sometimes simple looking creatures are not only beautiful but can do amazing things. I wonder if I was blind I could find shade as quickly as my anemone just did.
Thanks for your helpful comment

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 64 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back