Rose bubble tip anemone

blackwidow13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have rose bta that got over hosted by a Maroon clown I was wondering if he would come back from it he’s hiding in a dark spot in the tank but his mouth is still closed and no flesh is hanging so I don’t think he could be dead yet don’t want to move it that would make it worse and suggestions

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
welcome aboard the r2r board! hello from PA!

how new/old is your tank? water parameters? pictures under white light can help. anemone's are pretty resilient. keep things stable and don't mess with it, and it should come back. if the clown is being too aggressive with its hosting, you may have to rehome the clown...or BTA.

Upvote 0

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
daffy-duck.gif

Welcome to the Reef!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

blackwidow13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome aboard the r2r board! hello from PA!

how new/old is your tank? water parameters? pictures under white light can help. anemone's are pretty resilient. keep things stable and don't mess with it, and it should come back. if the clown is being too aggressive with its hosting, you may have to rehome the clown...or BTA.
My tank is about a year old now my salinity is around 1.024-1.026 I haven’t tested for anything else in about a week and yeah I rehomed that clown last week i let it go to far I think

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I have rose bta that got over hosted by a Maroon clown I was wondering if he would come back from it he’s hiding in a dark spot in the tank but his mouth is still closed and no flesh is hanging so I don’t think he could be dead yet don’t want to move it that would make it worse and suggestions
Often when bartered by a clown, you need to isolate clown even in sump
Anemone will come to

Upvote 0

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

Upvote 0

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BTA looks nice and healthy. I have not heard of over hosting, but maybe the timeout will be good for both the BTA and Clown. Newly introduced anemones will move around tanks until the anemones find a spot that it like. Sometime they hide, sometimes they disappear for a day or two.

I would suggest spot feed to make sure the anemone is eating and stays healthy and the anemones finds its place in the tank.

Curved R2R Welcome 3-31-23 2.0 White.png

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back