Anemones and coral

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am obviously new, I am making a coral tank and I just wanna know if I should add an anemone.
A bit of background info. I am a teen who has been saving up for some time know. The tank is going to be the IM AIO 20gal cube, stock. I am going to have live rock, live sand(rodi system, test kit) still deciding between the kessil a80, vectraspectra or the k7mini. I also need help with cycling info too. I am adding two ocellaris. I have around 5-8 years expieance with betta(right now I have a 10gal with a betta, 2 tetras and around an inch clown pleco that loves his new tank)it is planted with duckweed and rocks :D

So, I am thinking of first getting some frags, then after I learn how to fully maintain the chemicals and have contain/stable number(6-12 months) I am going to get a anemone. YES IK, anemones eat and sting other coral, so I will either sell the frags, or just deal with it(lol jk, I will probably reposition them or do some research on it.

I am looking forward to your help and advice. Have a nice day,
Stewy14

coralboi56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What anemone are you wanting to add? If you want an anemone that clowns will host, go with a carpet anemone or bubbletip anemone.

If you want an anemone just to have an anemone, sebae or rock flower anemones are the way to go.

You can add non hosting anemones around the 4 month mark. bubble tip anemones should be added later (around the 9 month mark)

As for stinging, some anemones are stubborn and won't move for anything. My rock flower anemone and current bubble tip anemone are like this. I can place them anywhere and they'll be fine.

However most of the time, bubble tip anemones do tend to move and sting, but i wouldn't remove frags because of it. Once they find a spot they like, they're chill for the most part.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What anemone are you wanting to add? If you want an anemone that clowns will host, go with a carpet anemone or bubbletip anemone.

If you want an anemone just to have an anemone, sebae or rock flower anemones are the way to go.

You can add non hosting anemones around the 4 month mark. bubble tip anemones should be added later (around the 9 month mark)

As for stinging, some anemones are stubborn and won't move for anything. My rock flower anemone and current bubble tip anemone are like this. I can place them anywhere and they'll be fine.

However most of the time, bubble tip anemones do tend to move and sting, but i wouldn't remove frags because of it. Once they find a spot they like, they're chill for the
Ye, imma add a bubble tip anemone. thanks for the help :D

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye, imma add a bubble tip anemone. thanks for the help :D
I keep both nem and corals. IMG_1626.jpeg
They don’t bother one another.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back