Newcomer - saying Hi.

mmbaba

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2021
Messages
59
Reaction score
53
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started out with a fresh water tank at the onset of COVID having had a few others over the years in the past, I was trying to introduce something different to the house to keep the kids interested. I ended up being protective over the tank so they ended up with Guinea Pigs.

The fresh water tank's still going well but I soon became fascinated with the colors and diversity of creatures that you could fill a reef tank with. I like a challenge so I jumped in to the Nano Reef world at the end of 2020. I'm self confessed impatient and am learning (slowly) that this hobby requires patience, I'm getting better...

I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 running now for about 5 months with a bunch of tweaks and upgrades (because I like to fiddle), it's been through a few phases and I'm slowly starting to win the fight back against algae without too much collateral damage but I know I have a LOT to learn so you'll probably see a bunch of posts from me on a variety of topics over the months.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

IMG_2324.jpeg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
So I started out with a fresh water tank at the onset of COVID having had a few others over the years in the past, I was trying to introduce something different to the house to keep the kids interested. I ended up being protective over the tank so they ended up with Guinea Pigs.

The fresh water tank's still going well but I soon became fascinated with the colors and diversity of creatures that you could fill a reef tank with. I like a challenge so I jumped in to the Nano Reef world at the end of 2020. I'm self confessed impatient and am learning (slowly) that this hobby requires patience, I'm getting better...

I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 running now for about 5 months with a bunch of tweaks and upgrades (because I like to fiddle), it's been through a few phases and I'm slowly starting to win the fight back against algae without too much collateral damage but I know I have a LOT to learn so you'll probably see a bunch of posts from me on a variety of topics over the months.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

IMG_2324.jpeg
Welcome mmbaba,
Many challenges with salty side.
Let us know how we can help
 
So I started out with a fresh water tank at the onset of COVID having had a few others over the years in the past, I was trying to introduce something different to the house to keep the kids interested. I ended up being protective over the tank so they ended up with Guinea Pigs.

The fresh water tank's still going well but I soon became fascinated with the colors and diversity of creatures that you could fill a reef tank with. I like a challenge so I jumped in to the Nano Reef world at the end of 2020. I'm self confessed impatient and am learning (slowly) that this hobby requires patience, I'm getting better...

I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 running now for about 5 months with a bunch of tweaks and upgrades (because I like to fiddle), it's been through a few phases and I'm slowly starting to win the fight back against algae without too much collateral damage but I know I have a LOT to learn so you'll probably see a bunch of posts from me on a variety of topics over the months.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

IMG_2324.jpeg
Welcome
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new