Newcomer - saying Hi.

mmbaba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started out with a fresh water tank at the onset of COVID having had a few others over the years in the past, I was trying to introduce something different to the house to keep the kids interested. I ended up being protective over the tank so they ended up with Guinea Pigs.

The fresh water tank's still going well but I soon became fascinated with the colors and diversity of creatures that you could fill a reef tank with. I like a challenge so I jumped in to the Nano Reef world at the end of 2020. I'm self confessed impatient and am learning (slowly) that this hobby requires patience, I'm getting better...

I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 running now for about 5 months with a bunch of tweaks and upgrades (because I like to fiddle), it's been through a few phases and I'm slowly starting to win the fight back against algae without too much collateral damage but I know I have a LOT to learn so you'll probably see a bunch of posts from me on a variety of topics over the months.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

IMG_2324.jpeg

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I started out with a fresh water tank at the onset of COVID having had a few others over the years in the past, I was trying to introduce something different to the house to keep the kids interested. I ended up being protective over the tank so they ended up with Guinea Pigs.

The fresh water tank's still going well but I soon became fascinated with the colors and diversity of creatures that you could fill a reef tank with. I like a challenge so I jumped in to the Nano Reef world at the end of 2020. I'm self confessed impatient and am learning (slowly) that this hobby requires patience, I'm getting better...

I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 running now for about 5 months with a bunch of tweaks and upgrades (because I like to fiddle), it's been through a few phases and I'm slowly starting to win the fight back against algae without too much collateral damage but I know I have a LOT to learn so you'll probably see a bunch of posts from me on a variety of topics over the months.

IMG_2324.jpeg
Welcome mmbaba,
Many challenges with salty side.
Let us know how we can help

Julie kerley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2324.jpeg
Welcome

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back