Newish fuge help

kintle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a new tank second hand this last weekend. I'm finding the sump awkward and am wondering if I need to just replace. In a vain effort to save money i set it up with the skimmer in the 1st chamber with what I think is the filter sock clip/holder. It's the tallest wall in the sump though so no idea if water level will be right for the sump. This however allows the second chamber to be a refugium and the return is the third. I dropped a black insert as a place holder for a skinny chamber I'm thinking for a spot for some marine pure blocks. I'd like to replace with some acyrilic. There's no baffles for a micro bubble trap though so I dont know if this is gonna work. I'm hopeing to have a fuge for a mandarin goby down the road but really not sure if I have this laid out right.

OP
OP
kintle

kintle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pic
20190731_210634.jpeg

OP
OP
kintle

kintle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After thinking I think the problem I'm having is my understanding is the first chamber should flow over a baffle not under to maintain a constant water level for a skimmer. Is that correct. I've also been reading it should flow from the highest chamber to the lowest being the return. So is this just built funny.

Back