OP
OP
F

fishnplants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, a lot of clowns get nippy. After all, they are in the damselfish family tree.
ahh shoot, didnt even know that. i got a few chromis to see and theyve been good. but the smaller one still has some nippage on dorsal/tail. is there anything i can suppliment to help recovery? and when should i worry about this becoming to much for the fish

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ahh shoot, didnt even know that. i got a few chromis to see and theyve been good. but the smaller one still has some nippage on dorsal/tail. is there anything i can suppliment to help recovery? and when should i worry about this becoming to much for the fish
I have two captive bred pairs of clowns (ocellaris & onyx percs), neither pair has ever bitten me or even taken a swipe at me, they are super mellow to me.

OP
OP
F

fishnplants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two captive bred pairs of clowns (ocellaris & onyx percs), neither pair has ever bitten me or even taken a swipe at me, they are super mellow to me.
yea no they havent attacked me, its the smaller clown that has been, and has that dorsal damage which ive been a little concerned about.

OP
OP
F

fishnplants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds likea plan, so im thinking of getting some other livestock for the tank and was wondering whatre some of the best clam friendly tank mates when it came to fish and inverts. any ideas?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
any reef safe ones you are fine with. Angelfish and butterfly fish will eat clams readily, some wrasses are invertebrate eaters as well. Best place for some general fish guidelines is probably liveaquaria.com. The information is good, but I wouldnt buy fish from there anymore. After they were sold the health of aquaticlife took a huge hit.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back