Next Day Air question

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty remote so I’m a little nervous about making an order on Live Aquaria so close to the weekend when the company they are using is UPS (doesn’t offer Saturday delivery here) but all the fish I want happen to be in stock which isn’t going to last long.

Anyone else live 4 hours from the nearest large airport and still get their package the next day? I don’t even get my Amazon orders in the promised 2 days so I’m a skeptic.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty remote so I’m a little nervous about making an order on Live Aquaria so close to the weekend when the company they are using is UPS (doesn’t offer Saturday delivery here) but all the fish I want happen to be in stock which isn’t going to last long.

Anyone else live 4 hours from the nearest large airport and still get their package the next day? I don’t even get my Amazon orders in the promised 2 days so I’m a skeptic.

If they offer overnight air to your area, you should receive the package.

It's not necessarily how close you are to a major airport as much as how close you are to a UPS hub.

I am in Indiana, within 45 min of Indianapolis international airport. My packages from LA often fly from Cali to Kentucky and then travel on the ground from there to local hub. (3-4 hours away). Then onto package delivery truck.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they croak DFs will refund. I’ve had a pretty bad success rate with them for my very established 180 gal, however they do make good on a refund if they die. I’d say go ahead and do it. If you don’t try the fish someone with a nano will, need I say more..DFS is now owned by Petco with deep pockets.

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s worth a try. If the fish arrive late and die you’ll get a refund and know not to try again...but my experience has been that the two times ups has messed up my shipping and my fish arrived days late they surprising did well, but that was probably due to lucky weather.

OP
OP
Squeaky McMurdo

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Played it safe and ordered this afternoon so it will go out Monday and hopefully arrive Tuesday. No idea where the nearest hub is. I think it’s Jackson Hole, but whenever I order anything that gets shipped UPS it bounces around between Casper and Cheyenne (both 6 hours away) first before it gets sent to Salt Lake in Utah and then they go right through Star Valley to take stuff to Jackson before it comes back down here *facepalm* that’s ground so I don’t know what will happen with Next Day. Wish my corals and fish luck and say a little prayer for them if you want. lol

The postal service is way more predictable than UPS or Fedex in my neck of the woods.

OP
OP
Squeaky McMurdo

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BD77FE69-28B3-4F8B-8B64-9C4C3AA39142.png
I hate bureaucracy! Look at this. They had to drive right by my house to take this from Salt Lake, through Star Valley (where I live) to get to Jackson, just so they can send it back to me in Star Valley. *facepalm*

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BD77FE69-28B3-4F8B-8B64-9C4C3AA39142.png
I hate bureaucracy! Look at this. They had to drive right by my house to take this from Salt Lake, through Star Valley (where I live) to get to Jackson, just so they can send it back to me in Star Valley. *facepalm*

It would not have been in a delivery truck when it came by your house, it would have been in a truck or a plane with all the next day air packages going to the Jackson location.

Last edited:

MSB123

Someone out there put something smart here.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Go meet the truck.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did, the guy wasn’t very helpful but said that my package is only 10 pounds so the driver would park somewhere and walk it to my house sometime before 8 tonight

I'd call back and see if you get someone else. When I first moved into my house I had issues with them finding my address since it was new construction and not recognized electronically.

They always got me in contact with the driver. I never had to go further than 4 or 5 miles to get to the truck. If I were you I'd tell them you have alot of "expensive" live fish in the box. They usually are pretty receptive.

OP
OP
Squeaky McMurdo

Squeaky McMurdo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could see the truck was on the road behind me while I was on hold! But the person on the other end was not willing to help and said they’ll see what they can do about intercepting the truck and will contact me within 2 hours. I just asked them to give the driver my number.

I’ve told them it was expensive live fish but they don’t care. They only heard the expensive part and started talking about how everyone feels their packages are important.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back