Next fish for my Biocube 32 gal

Scott1071

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank set up for about 5 weeks and things are going well with it. My 2 clown I have in it since I set it up are doing amazing and thriving. I am ready to add another fish or 2 to the tank. I am thinking about some type of blenny and a 6 line wrasse. Looking on suggestions for a good blenny. The ones I have in mind are bi-color, tailspot, or some type of lawnmower blenny. In the future my last fish I want to add is a Royal Gramma. So with 5 fish that will be my stocking limit. I welcome your suggestions on what type of Blenny I should add. Thank you in advance.
This will be a mixed reef tank so it has to be reef safe.

Happy Reefing
Scott

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawnmower blenny is a nice utility fish to add, and reef safe. FWIW I'd add the six line wrasse last just to be safe.

OP
OP
Scott1071

Scott1071

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawnmower blenny is a nice utility fish to add, and reef safe. FWIW I'd add the six line wrasse last just to be safe.
Yes I think a lawnmower blenny would add diversity to the tank as well and from what I read they can be a fun fish to watch. I was under the impression that if I was going to add a Royal Gramma thsy it should be the last fish to add? So you think I should add the 6 line wrasse as my last fish instead of the Royal Gramma?

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I think a lawnmower blenny would add diversity to the tank as well and from what I read they can be a fun fish to watch. I was under the impression that if I was going to add a Royal Gramma thsy it should be the last fish to add? So you think I should add the 6 line wrasse as my last fish instead of the Royal Gramma?
Yeah, in my limited experience I've found Royal grammas to be a bit timid. Giving em a chance to get comfortable before adding a potentially sassy fish like a six line is a good idea. That being said, the six line in my 60g cube has been a model citizen so far /shrug

OP
OP
Scott1071

Scott1071

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, in my limited experience I've found Royal grammas to be a bit timid. Giving em a chance to get comfortable before adding a potentially sassy fish like a six line is a good idea. That being said, the six line in my 60g cube has been a model citizen so far /shrug
Awesome thank you for the input on that l, I will reserve the 6 line as my last addition then. Will add the blenny and Royal gramma before I add it. I just want fish with personality in my tank and are going to be enjoyable to watch. With a 32 gal tank there are not many fish that can be added so my selection is limited.

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the Tailspot if available. They are super cool, but a bit hard to find right now.
The Lawnmowers are good little workers. We just lost ours to a powerhead. We replaced him with a Molly Miller that is in QT right now, another fish with tons of personality.

OP
OP
Scott1071

Scott1071

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would get the Tailspot if available. They are super cool, but a bit hard to find right now.
The Lawnmowers are good little workers. We just lost ours to a powerhead. We replaced him with a Molly Miller that is in QT right nw, another fish with tons of personality.
I agree that the tailspot are hard to find, not seeing them avaiable anywhere right now. Even asked my LFS and he said that he has not seen them avaiable often lately. I like the Molly Miller looks almost like the Lawnmower blenny. I will see if my LFS can get them in or not. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back