Nicrew Gen 2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paullawr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paullawr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2016
Messages
1,333
Reaction score
957
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as a Grinch Christmas treat, the Kessil 500x died on me Xmas eve ( I also broke a toe and popped an ear drum in the same week! Lucky me!). Thankfully Amazon were delivering on the 28th so not too long of tank blackout.

Didn't have the funds for another Kessil so took a punt on the Nicrew 200w G2. To be fair, it's not a bad light for the money. Time will tell how well it does - but at least the fish can see again! The controller is nice - would like to individually control each diode but guess how it's wired that's not possible. Still turning off the UV and Violet does prevent the purple hue. I tend to ramp up with the UV/Violet - then to w/b/r/g before finishing the day with just the Blue LEDs.

Aesthetically it's quite nice - but then found this with a number of Chinese brand LEDs. I once had the Kelo light and I really liked those.

The one thing that pains me with LEDs is they don't last as long as they make out - and the cost is ridiculous in my view. Hopefully I get a few years out of this and then perhaps back to Kessil.

tempImage5SjQ52.png tempImageSsRCp9.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new