Niger Trigger and Clams Disaster or OK?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ubans13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ubans13

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2016
Messages
421
Reaction score
270
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so i know niger triggers can pretty much eat everything, and will. I know all fish are different in some may bother it and others will not. But my question is can i keep a maxima or crocea clam with a niger trigger. Really want a nice clam to add to the tank and was hoping to maybe get one at reefapalooza. Thanks for the help.
 
Unfortunately, I think their instinct is to nip at the mantles, but I suppose you never know. I have heard of some fish nipping at mantles that usually don't do that. If you get the clam and he starts to bother it, you can try making a net to protect it. It's not the prettiest looking in the tank, but it should protect the clam. A friend of mine had to do this for her blue squamosa. I don't recall which one of her fish was nipping at it but it wasn't a trigger.
 
Unfortunately, I think their instinct is to nip at the mantles, but I suppose you never know. I have heard of some fish nipping at mantles that usually don't do that. If you get the clam and he starts to bother it, you can try making a net to protect it. It's not the prettiest looking in the tank, but it should protect the clam. A friend of mine had to do this for her blue squamosa. I don't recall which one of her fish was nipping at it but it wasn't a trigger.
I dont think i wanna do the mesh protector. I love this trigger and just may have to pass up the clam. I was all ready to buy the clam and the trigger just hit me. I dont think i wanna feed a $60 dinner. Thanks for the reply!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new