Niger Trigger and coral

I just don't want to have to take my tank apart to get a fish out if it doesn't work.

1. My rock work is very heavy and cemented together.
2. I do not have a LFS or fellow reefer close by that I could bring it to
 
I had a niger in my reef he never touched any corals, I currently have a bluejaw, Sargassum, and clown trigger and they all get along and don’t touch any corals. The Sargassum does on occasion get into a tussle with my tangs but it’s usually instigated by the tangs and only lasts for a minute or so.

Haha that’s funny I have a female blue throat and a sargassum in my QT awaiting transfer to the main tank :)
 
I'd love to put a Clown Trigger in my tank...

Word of caution though, be careful with clown triggers, I had a juvenile and it picked on corals. I took him out and sold him. IME, niger, blue throat, Picasso, humu humu, pink tail and sargassums are your best bet for triggers in a reef.
 
Triggers are just unpredictable by nature. It is just a luck of the draw to get one that is compliant with the nature of a non-aggression tank
 
have no problem with niger triggers in reef as well as human and clown triggers
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new