Niger Trigger with glass eyes and sickness

tableforglasses

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2020
Messages
56
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a niger trigger that disappeared in my tank. I thought he had died but I didn't see a large spike so I wasn't sure. A week ago he showed up in the corner of my tank behind some rock. He was barely swimming and had cloudy eyes. I had to remove most of my rock to finally catch him, but I got him out and put him in a hospital tank. I started an ich treatment that has been running for a week and so far no improvement, he still has cloudy eyes and is not eating or really swimming. I tried a 5 minute freshwater bath as well. Any other thoughts about what course of treatment I might be able to take?
Thanks
Sean
 
I have a niger trigger that disappeared in my tank. I thought he had died but I didn't see a large spike so I wasn't sure. A week ago he showed up in the corner of my tank behind some rock. He was barely swimming and had cloudy eyes. I had to remove most of my rock to finally catch him, but I got him out and put him in a hospital tank. I started an ich treatment that has been running for a week and so far no improvement, he still has cloudy eyes and is not eating or really swimming. I tried a 5 minute freshwater bath as well. Any other thoughts about what course of treatment I might be able to take?
Thanks
Sean
Sounds like bacterial versus ich or even flukes which they are susceptible to.
To offer advice, please post pics, or better a video of at least 20 seconds using Bright white light intensity, no blue lighting for best visuals
 
 

Both eyes are cloudy and look about the same?

How long ago did you do the 5 minute FW dip? Did you see anything fall off the fish into the bucket after the dip?
 
Is it common to do multiple freshwater baths??
I am currently trying Kanaplex although he is not eating so trying it in the water.
 
Is it common to do multiple freshwater baths??
I am currently trying Kanaplex although he is not eating so trying it in the water.

Multiple FW dips can help keep some diseases at bay, but won’t cure the fish. These can be stressful, and handling the fish daily can cause damage.

Never put kanaplex in food, only in the water as you are doing. Orally, it can cause kidney damage if you don’t get the dose exactly right.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new