Nitrate Pro test kit, N-NO3 vs NO3 versions

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2012
Messages
3,006
Reaction score
3,264
Location
A better place
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm confused and can't seem to Google my way out of it. My Nitrate Pro test kit says "N-NO3 Nitrate Pro" on the top and comes with 3 dropper bottles of liquid reagents. I went to order a refill and found only "NO3 Nitrate Pro" kit refills, with one liquid dropper bottle and two vials of powder reagents.
What's the difference between the two kits? Am I better off with one version or the other?
Finally found a N-NO3 refill kit on Amazon but it's priced higher than the full kit!

- D
 
Hello,

I'm confused and can't seem to Google my way out of it. My Nitrate Pro test kit says "N-NO3 Nitrate Pro" on the top and comes with 3 dropper bottles of liquid reagents. I went to order a refill and found only "NO3 Nitrate Pro" kit refills, with one liquid dropper bottle and two vials of powder reagents.
What's the difference between the two kits? Am I better off with one version or the other?
Finally found a N-NO3 refill kit on Amazon but it's priced higher than the full kit!

- D
The Red Sea Nitrate Pro kit I have, and the ones I can see to order, have 1 liquid dropper bottle and 2 powder reagents.

What’s the expiry date on your original kit, is it an old one?

I am intrigued so did a bit of research and found this from 2014 elsewhere from Red Sea:
‘The NO3 reagents were changed due to legislative changes in some markets, which prevented the use of one of the chemicals. We had been aware of the need to develop a test kit which was going to comply with incoming regulations (I am not sure if they apply to the USA as this is not where I am based, but we obviously produce one kit for global use and the changes were required elsewhere). ’

Any way I hope this helps?
 
Thanks, yes it does help. It's a clue anyway! I'll probably just end up getting a whole new kit then. I'm mostly suspicious of my always "0.00 ppm" results.
Oh, and there is no expiration date labelled on any of the bottles, just lot numbers.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new