Nitrate Pro test kit, N-NO3 vs NO3 versions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm confused and can't seem to Google my way out of it. My Nitrate Pro test kit says "N-NO3 Nitrate Pro" on the top and comes with 3 dropper bottles of liquid reagents. I went to order a refill and found only "NO3 Nitrate Pro" kit refills, with one liquid dropper bottle and two vials of powder reagents.
What's the difference between the two kits? Am I better off with one version or the other?
Finally found a N-NO3 refill kit on Amazon but it's priced higher than the full kit!

- D

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I'm confused and can't seem to Google my way out of it. My Nitrate Pro test kit says "N-NO3 Nitrate Pro" on the top and comes with 3 dropper bottles of liquid reagents. I went to order a refill and found only "NO3 Nitrate Pro" kit refills, with one liquid dropper bottle and two vials of powder reagents.
What's the difference between the two kits? Am I better off with one version or the other?
Finally found a N-NO3 refill kit on Amazon but it's priced higher than the full kit!

- D
The Red Sea Nitrate Pro kit I have, and the ones I can see to order, have 1 liquid dropper bottle and 2 powder reagents.

What’s the expiry date on your original kit, is it an old one?

I am intrigued so did a bit of research and found this from 2014 elsewhere from Red Sea:
‘The NO3 reagents were changed due to legislative changes in some markets, which prevented the use of one of the chemicals. We had been aware of the need to develop a test kit which was going to comply with incoming regulations (I am not sure if they apply to the USA as this is not where I am based, but we obviously produce one kit for global use and the changes were required elsewhere). ’

Any way I hope this helps?

OP
OP
don_chuwish

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, yes it does help. It's a clue anyway! I'll probably just end up getting a whole new kit then. I'm mostly suspicious of my always "0.00 ppm" results.
Oh, and there is no expiration date labelled on any of the bottles, just lot numbers.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back