Nitrates and Phosphates keep dropping

Carz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you think my Nitrates and Phosphates keep dropping to 0. My skimmer has been off for a month and I run only a carbon reactor and a UV. Starting to see some dinos and parameters keep going to 0. My tank is 250 gallons with the following:
1 clown
purple tang
blue tang
powder blue tang
convict tang....baby
clown tang...baby
6 line wrasse
foxface
royal gamma
firefish

I feed some pellet in the morning and one cube in the afternoon. I am dosing nitrates and phosphates but still going to 0 with hanna and nyos test kits. Do I need to feed more? Add more fish?? My fuge is empty with nothing to export.

any thoughts???

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you think my Nitrates and Phosphates keep dropping to 0. My skimmer has been off for a month and I run only a carbon reactor and a UV. Starting to see some dinos and parameters keep going to 0. My tank is 250 gallons with the following:
1 clown
purple tang
blue tang
powder blue tang
convict tang....baby
clown tang...baby
6 line wrasse
foxface
royal gamma
firefish

I feed some pellet in the morning and one cube in the afternoon. I am dosing nitrates and phosphates but still going to 0 with hanna and nyos test kits. Do I need to feed more? Add more fish?? My fuge is empty with nothing to export.

any thoughts???
The foxface would like some nori in one of these

ge4rhead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if it were me I’d feed 3 times a day. feed at least 1 full sheet of nori a day. Take your carbon filter offline for a bit. Turn your skimmer back on and just keep it low. The skimmer will help with PH and just aerating the water. Is there any reason for the carbon filter? I’d leave the uv on 24/7. That’s just my own opinion tho. I’m no expert.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back