No Algae bloom after cycle???

Dre619

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I cycled my tank a few months ago. I guess I am just interested now why I didnt get a huge algae bloom? I have some softies occupying my tank right now and all is well and running! Parameters are stable and all is well.
I guess my question is why dont I have an algae bloom? There is Hair algae growing on my LR and some algae on sandbed but nothing out of hand!

lilithereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well you got lucky. i guess there is nothing to do about it. if all is good now and you still havent had one, you are probably fine, dont stress it. just keep the tank clean and get rid of any algae that you see.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I cycled my tank a few months ago. I guess I am just interested now why I didnt get a huge algae bloom? I have some softies occupying my tank right now and all is well and running! Parameters are stable and all is well.
I guess my question is why dont I have an algae bloom? There is Hair algae growing on my LR and some algae on sandbed but nothing out of hand!
It really depends on how you cycled your tank.

Plus your softies are probably helping out with competing for nitrates in the water.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What algae you are seeing might be the start of an infestation. Who knows, but you at least know that the players are in place.

I don’t know whether anyone can predict how an algae biofilm will develop. Will the algae surge? Will the dinoflagellates cover the sand? Will cyanobacteria become obnoxious? Will all these pests just disperse and become minor players?

Back