No email re posts on subscribed threads...

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never get emails informing me that my subscribed threads have been posted on. Is this a paid feature? I frequent NR, RC, UR, and one or two other forums and receive email notification on all of those, so my email works fine.

Doesnt matter if i set to daily or weekly notification. In fact I've never recieved any emails at all. If it is not a paid feature, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

BarbH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email notifications come out just after midnight for me at eastern standard time, don't know if it would hit your mail box at a different time or not. Couple of things have you checked your spam folder on your email in case it is sending emails there? On the site if you click on the Settings link at the top of the page it will take you where you can adjust different settings on your account one of them being notifiications for threads. On the left you will want to click on general settings towards the top will be an area for setting notification types in a drop down box will give you the options of notifications instantly, daily or weekly along with no email just through the control panel or not subscribing at all. Select the option that you want to go with and at the bottom of the page you will want to save the changes. This should set you up to recieve notifications on any thread you post in after that point. Hope this helps ;)

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since many people have multiple email addresses, also make sure you're checking the correct email, the one you registered with.

OP
OP
Sahin

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, I put up with no email notification for such a long time...Geez, I never managed to figure it out. I checked EVERY setting in my hotmail account...every spam setting etc. etc.

For the past few weeks i began to wonder if its an issue with the Reef2Reef servers not being able to sent emails to hotmail...

So today, I signed up to a completely different email provider, and what happens? - I start to get email notification of threads I'm subscribed too.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back