No Green Algae on Glass

russo_pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I apologize in advance for my beginner question but I’ve searched online and can’t find an answer.

I’ve had a 100gal for two years, but I’ve never seen the green algae you normally scrape off the glass. Before this tank I had a 20gal tank that would produce this type of algae on the glass. Instead, I’ve always gotten like a white thin film.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a solution? Should I even worry about it? I just want to make sure I’m the right path before adding more corals.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the poor picture.

IMG_0631.jpeg

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I apologize in advance for my beginner question but I’ve searched online and can’t find an answer.

I’ve had a 100gal for two years, but I’ve never seen the green algae you normally scrape off the glass. Before this tank I had a 20gal tank that would produce this type of algae on the glass. Instead, I’ve always gotten like a white thin film.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is there a solution? Should I even worry about it? I just want to make sure I’m the right path before adding more corals.

IMG_0631.jpeg
Not sure... that's pretty weird.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

IMG_0631.jpeg
Sounds like you are carbon dosing? The thin layer of bacterial stuff can prevent algal attachment in that case. If not carbon dosing, then that is odd.

OP
OP
R

russo_pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you are carbon dosing? The thin layer of bacterial stuff can prevent algal attachment in that case. If not carbon dosing, then that is odd.
I’m not carbon dosing but I am running carbon on a mesh bag. Is that the same as dosing? Thanks

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not carbon dosing but I am running carbon on a mesh bag. Is that the same as dosing? Thanks
I expect as you add diversity then green will come, just make sure the basics are correct, temperature, salinity, water movement, light, detectable nitrate and phosphate.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.7%
Back