No Longer A Lurker

HighOnReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, names Elmer. Im 25 and I figured after reading forums from r2r for over a year now, it was time to join the community. Im a newby who has learned a great deal of information, Im eager to learn more and to contribute to others what I have experienced first hand as a new reefer.
The good, the bad, and the ugly

My current setup is:
-About 6-7 months mature

-20 gallon long nano with a 5 gallon sump/refugium (Built by yours truly, Drilled a hole for a 400 gph external overflow, built glass dividers for refuge/ sump w silicone, put together w pvc and flexible nylon tubing)

Display Tank:
-About 17 lbs mix live/cured rock/ 5 lbs live sand / 2 Jebao RW-4 wavemaker

Sump/Refugium:
-Aqueaon skimmer/ Filter sock/ 3 filter pads/ Marinepure Biomedia/ Chaeto / Some live sand/ Bag of Carbon/ Copepods

Livestock:
-2 black occelaris clowns/ 3 Astrea snails/ 1 Nassarius snail/ 1 Zebra turbo snail/ 2 Red hermits

Corals:
-1 Zoa frag/ 1 Toadstool frag/ 1 Hammer coral/ 1 Green Mushroom/ 1 small Pulsing Zenia rock colony/ 1 small GSP colony

Parameters:
Salinity- 1.024
Temp- 78°
Ph- 8.2
Alk- 9 dkh
Ammonia- 0.0
Nitrite- 0.0
Nitrate- 5.0 ppm
Calcium- 440ppm
Phosphate- 0.0

Might post pic later, idk.

For my Bday yesterday I bought myself my first corals and am so happy to see all my hard work, time, and money paying off. Starting a reef tank has been one of the most stressful yet mostly soothing experiences of my life. I catch myself staring at my tank for hours. Like a drug addict, I can't contain my need for more. Im hooked.
Thanks to everyone on the forums! You rock!
I look forward to learning more every day.
As a wise sea sponge once said,
"I'm Ready"-Spongebob Squarepants.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to the R2R community and family

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges