No luck with clove type corals - can't seem to understand

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just more than a year old 75g tank with mixed setup.
- 3 torches
- 1 green leather
- many zoas
- acans
- favia's
- green goni

First i got plusing clover small, with around 8-10 cloves, I did seachem coral dip for 10 min before puting into DT, never opened and it disappeared in 3 days.

Again i got two more from reef -palooza event, nice clover with neon green lines, and orange lines.
Did the same coral dip for 10 min, it opened a bit for few hours and retracted and it stayed that way since then (a week) and its smaller and smaller now, i bet it will be disappeared soon.

I can't seem to understand why? all my parameters seem to be in range.

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lighting/flow issue? I bought 3 frags of the little neon ones and put them in 3 very different parts of my tank. They seemed to do best up high in medium flow for me. The frag in low flow almost withered away to nothing til i moved it

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first one i got from LFS told me to put in low flow area so i moved them from high flow to low flow but still no luck, i just placed them with the coral plug right in the sand. wonder if i have to move higher!

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah id try moving it and leave it for a few days. I had one frag that was almost completely gone and it grew a few small polyps back in about a week. Do you have a frag rack?

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps its the iodine based dip? I'm just taking a guess here but personally I only use seachems reef dip on fresh cut corals or something with tissue loss that possibly has an infection.

OP
OP
balajeek15

balajeek15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah id try moving it and leave it for a few days. I had one frag that was almost completely gone and it grew a few small polyps back in about a week. Do you have a frag rack?

I don't have frag rack, i put them in an egg crate for 2 weeks before stick it to the rock.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back