No no no no no

JasonCG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just finished a 10 week fallow period after what I assumed was a bad case of velvet - everything died. Literally went from healthy and spotless to dead almost overnight. After my fallow period I quarantined a beautiful pair of maroon clowns for about 4 weeks, and then Introduced them to my DT about 4 weeks ago. Both have been doing well, getting along, hosted my anemone, eating fine. Today I noticed a single white spot on the forehead of the female. Nothing has changed, behavior is fine, eating like a pig. Params are below, but have been stable and fine for quite a while. I don’t think the single spot is velvet, since that exploded all at once last time. Is this ich? Or maybe just a love bite from the other clown? I also spotted an aiptasia on the rock it likes to hang out under, could it be a bite from that? I hope so, I don’t know if I can handle another loss! Any thoughts, advice, words of encouragement are much appreciated!

2BEA3094-6771-49AD-8E75-FDB8B86BFCDB.jpeg

Params:
Temp 78-79
pH - 8.1
Salinty - 34.3ppt
Ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 0
phos - 0.05
alk - 9.74
Ca - 343
mag - 1287

jcdeng

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
doesn't look like itch to me, itch is like a speck of sugar sticking to the fish's skin, this looks like it grew from underneath the skin...

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on it. Most likely not ich, looks too large in the photo.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just finished a 10 week fallow period after what I assumed was a bad case of velvet - everything died. Literally went from healthy and spotless to dead almost overnight. After my fallow period I quarantined a beautiful pair of maroon clowns for about 4 weeks, and then Introduced them to my DT about 4 weeks ago. Both have been doing well, getting along, hosted my anemone, eating fine. Today I noticed a single white spot on the forehead of the female. Nothing has changed, behavior is fine, eating like a pig. Params are below, but have been stable and fine for quite a while. I don’t think the single spot is velvet, since that exploded all at once last time. Is this ich? Or maybe just a love bite from the other clown? I also spotted an aiptasia on the rock it likes to hang out under, could it be a bite from that? I hope so, I don’t know if I can handle another loss! Any thoughts, advice, words of encouragement are much appreciated!

2BEA3094-6771-49AD-8E75-FDB8B86BFCDB.jpeg

Params:
Temp 78-79
pH - 8.1
Salinty - 34.3ppt
Ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate - 0
phos - 0.05
alk - 9.74
Ca - 343
mag - 1287

As the others said, it looks too large to be ich. When you said you "quarantined the pair for four weeks?, what treatments did you use?

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back