• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

No notification on watched threads.

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
To Whom...
I've never gotten email notices when I use the "watch" link for individual threads. I did get notices for each and every post when I "watched" the chemistry forum for awhile, but zip on the individual threads. I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could look into that and let me know what the problem is, or fix it if possible.
Thanks,
Kacey

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
To Whom...
I've never gotten email notices when I use the "watch" link for individual threads. I did get notices for each and every post when I "watched" the chemistry forum for awhile, but zip on the individual threads. I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could look into that and let me know what the problem is, or fix it if possible.
Thanks,
Kacey
Click on your user icon. A drop down menu will appear. Look for “preferences” and click on it. Look for

8F501616-3F86-4B33-AD6A-D263E5B492E1.png

Click on automatically watch content your interact with. Click and receive email notifications.

OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Sorry it's taken so long...but I've had all the options for receiving emails checked since day one. As I said above, I got notices for all new reply's and threads on the chemistry forum when "watching" that. It just doesn't work on individual threads I try to watch. Go figure. A glitch somewhere. Or?

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This is happening to me as well.
Even my own build thread I miss new posts sometimes.
I feel bad when I don’t respond in timely manner to replys.
am I watching too many threads maybe?

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
This is happening to me as well.
Even my own build thread I miss new posts sometimes.
I feel bad when I don’t respond in timely manner to replies.
am I watching too many threads maybe?
I don't have many watched threads, and this has been happening for a long time, when I had even fewer.

Crabs McJones

Mayor of Reef2Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
When you watch a thread, are you selecting the "and receive emaila" option?

Crabs McJones

Mayor of Reef2Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
No, I select no emails. Just way too many of those as is...
It may be the solution to the OP's problem. When you "Watch" a thread withoutcommenting, it will give you the option to receive email alerts similar to if you would have posted in the thread. By default the "do not receive emails" is selected, make sure if you do want email alerts when a post is made in a thread to select "and receive email notifications",

OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
It may be the solution to the OP's problem. When you "Watch" a thread withoutcommenting, it will give you the option to receive email alerts similar to if you would have posted in the thread. By default the "do not receive emails" is selected, make sure if you do want email alerts when a post is made in a thread to select "and receive email notifications",
I have all the options for receiving emails checked. Also I never receive any notices, don't ever get the opportunity to comment unless I check to see for myself if there are comments.

Crabs McJones

Mayor of Reef2Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
I havn't seen him on this thread. Is he a mod that's on the computer probs team? Don't want to bug him directly if he's not.
Hes one of the administrators, he has more access than me and the rest of the mods. He can go in and see if it's a setting issue or a site issue

Corals.com

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
On watched threads, you should be getting a notification for the next interaction/reply after you checked it. You won't get additional interaction notifications after that unless you check the thread. The software is set up that way to keep people from being bombarded with notifications.

OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
i am not getting ANY notifications. Not after interactions, not on my own threads. None!

Lazys Coral House

How concerned are you about high phosphates in your tank?

• VERY Concerned

Votes: 72 21.1%
  • Somewhat Concerned

Votes: 204 59.8%
  • NOT Concerned At All

Votes: 62 18.2%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Build Your Dream Aquarium Automation System!