No notification on watched threads.

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To Whom...
I've never gotten email notices when I use the "watch" link for individual threads. I did get notices for each and every post when I "watched" the chemistry forum for awhile, but zip on the individual threads. I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could look into that and let me know what the problem is, or fix it if possible.
Thanks,
Kacey

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To Whom...
I've never gotten email notices when I use the "watch" link for individual threads. I did get notices for each and every post when I "watched" the chemistry forum for awhile, but zip on the individual threads. I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could look into that and let me know what the problem is, or fix it if possible.
Thanks,
Kacey

Click on your user icon. A drop down menu will appear. Look for “preferences” and click on it. Look for

8F501616-3F86-4B33-AD6A-D263E5B492E1.png

Click on automatically watch content your interact with. Click and receive email notifications.

OP
OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it's taken so long...but I've had all the options for receiving emails checked since day one. As I said above, I got notices for all new reply's and threads on the chemistry forum when "watching" that. It just doesn't work on individual threads I try to watch. Go figure. A glitch somewhere. Or?

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is happening to me as well.
Even my own build thread I miss new posts sometimes.
I feel bad when I don’t respond in timely manner to replys.
am I watching too many threads maybe?

OP
OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is happening to me as well.
Even my own build thread I miss new posts sometimes.
I feel bad when I don’t respond in timely manner to replies.
am I watching too many threads maybe?
I don't have many watched threads, and this has been happening for a long time, when I had even fewer.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you watch a thread, are you selecting the "and receive emaila" option?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I select no emails. Just way too many of those as is...
It may be the solution to the OP's problem. When you "Watch" a thread withoutcommenting, it will give you the option to receive email alerts similar to if you would have posted in the thread. By default the "do not receive emails" is selected, make sure if you do want email alerts when a post is made in a thread to select "and receive email notifications",

OP
OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It may be the solution to the OP's problem. When you "Watch" a thread withoutcommenting, it will give you the option to receive email alerts similar to if you would have posted in the thread. By default the "do not receive emails" is selected, make sure if you do want email alerts when a post is made in a thread to select "and receive email notifications",
I have all the options for receiving emails checked. Also I never receive any notices, don't ever get the opportunity to comment unless I check to see for myself if there are comments.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havn't seen him on this thread. Is he a mod that's on the computer probs team? Don't want to bug him directly if he's not.
Hes one of the administrators, he has more access than me and the rest of the mods. He can go in and see if it's a setting issue or a site issue

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On watched threads, you should be getting a notification for the next interaction/reply after you checked it. You won't get additional interaction notifications after that unless you check the thread. The software is set up that way to keep people from being bombarded with notifications.

OP
OP
K

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am not getting ANY notifications. Not after interactions, not on my own threads. None!

Back