No one carry MH fixture anymore?

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jurassic Park Dinosaur GIF by Vidiots

ROFL that's a good one. Maybe one day archeologist will dig dow to where my home was and brush off some MH fixtures. They'll have to remove them from my skeletal hand wrapped around it tightly haha.

witcher-the-witcher.gif

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Phoenix totally out of the game now?

I have gotten conflicting answers on this. They have waited in the past for extreme stock shortage to produce again - several times. One supplier said to expect a restock.. another did not know. I did write them directly and have not gotten an answer. I don't know anybody who speaks Japanese who can call them.

I ordered a cache of Ushio 14k DE in 250 and also a local shop found a box of ReefBrite 14k from who knows how long ago that they sold me for next to nothing. I don't plan on being in the game for much longer anyway, so in the worst case, this will see me through. 20-25+ m80 ballasts available when I get out. I ordered a 14k and 20k DE bulbs from China - what I have heard is that they are good, but degrade quickly but I guess that this is OK if they are going to be $20 each.

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
year 1987 (I was 1 year old) it was international agreement to start "phaseout" R12 for Automotive industries, by 1994 no cars where suppose to use R12 any more. 29 years later from 1994, guess what, you can still find R12 Freon to buy. R12 is bad for our environment...bla,bla bla. but guess what it still availably today. it's not cheap, but its still available.
As metal halide user, I can almost bet that in 5-10 years from now I will be able find more bulbs and more ballast on line.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no doubt that there will be bulbs and some fixtures. There are a few companies who have things on order and in the works. It is just going to be different than it is now. SE stuff seems safe in some form. Until I hear that Phoenix or somebody else is going to make a run of DE bulbs again, I stocked up.

In about year 1999-2000 some bulbs disappeared and this crazy new German bulb called Radium was new on the scene. It was an upgrade to most. :) ...same with the Phoenix.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back