NO POLITICS! R2R & My Aquarium Are My Happy Places From This Crazy World!

Scottsquatch

Third times a charm?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a case of this happen to me this weekend. It's never fun to be humilated by your own ignorance, but the real test of someone's metal is to not villianizing someone that delivered the humiliating information.
It took me a bit to figure that out, but you are 100% correct. With the constant attacks on my own beliefs I began to get just as obnoxious in my defense of my own beliefs and opinions as the attackers were in their efforts to disprove them. I have since come to realize that everybody has their own perceptions about topics, and if you do feel like debating them, it needs to be approached with calm discussion and also an effort to try to understand where they are coming from and why. Oh, and do it face to face, NOT on social media. That usually proves to be a wasted effort.
With the cell phone era its to easy to argue rather than discuss. When you do try to discuss people still think they are on their phone.
Maybe im just old, and I am, but people used to talk face to face with each other. Because of social media and cell phones no one has to.
Ever been standing in line somewhere and look around at everyone with their face buried in their phone. You try and talk to someone and you get the look.
I'm with you all the way on this. I'm only 48, but I really miss the days of face to face conversation. I avoid self check-outs and I always opt for a real person when dealing with issues on the phone. I like to talk to real people. Also when discussing anything with a real person you miss out on so much unless you can hear and see them. So much of communication comes from tonal inflection and non-verbal cues.

Last edited:

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pinapple does not belong on pizza unless you live in Hawaii and have nothing else to put on it, lol.
But what do I know as my favorite pizza is garlic, clam, and tomato.
Footnote 7

Your opinion is nullified by topping pizza with invertebrates.

Sorry.. I don't make the rules.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as there is an exception to the definitive nullifying exception..i agree, until i dont
Screenshot_20211205-094737.png

Sean_B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Prohibition of Pineapple on Pizza is real​

"The State of Italy has also unilaterally announced that putting pineapple on pizza under any circumstances is tantamount to an Act of War under International Law."

Now what do you need me to tell you regarding Politcs!?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The Prohibition of Pineapple on Pizza is real​

"The State of Italy has also unilaterally announced that putting pineapple on pizza under any circumstances is tantamount to an Act of War under International Law."

Now what do you need me to tell you regarding Politcs!?
Italy is like /. / big, and brought us Jersey shore.. they don't get an opinion any longer.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I view quarantine / no quarantine as a matter of reef politics

the subject is 100% as polarizing.
Ok I'll explain it. Its not about QT or no QT.

The key to successful reefing is the type of salt we use. We all know this. :cool:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
RESPECT is KEY.
Everyone has their own method and success formula. There should be no argument or challenging to one's thoughts and experiences although recently I am seeing some very disrespectful and negative opinionated persons on here who are less than adult and display a low level of hatred.
I simply BLOCK them and move on. I will never disrespect no one in general and on here.
We as humans takes risks and make decisions that may not be rational but again RESPECTED.

Yes - this as many are great discussions and are Always welcomed.
This hobby is about enjoyment, appreciation, sustainability and compliments as there are truly many great systems on R2R - Not about perfection or challenging an individual.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But seriously Billy...... Pineapple the pizza or not?
NOT!!!

The only person that calls me Billy is my MOM...LOL!!! Then I know I am in trouble...LOL!!! ;Hilarious :D:eek:

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RESPECT is KEY.
Everyone has their own method and success formula. There should be no argument or challenging to one's thoughts and experiences although recently I am seeing some very disrespectful and negative opinionated persons on here who are less than adult and display a low level of hatred.
I simply BLOCK them and move on. I will never disrespect no one in general and on here.
We as humans takes risks and make decisions that may not be rational but again RESPECTED.

Yes - this as many are great discussions and are Always welcomed.
This hobby is about enjoyment, appreciation, sustainability and compliments as there are truly many great systems on R2R - Not about perfection or challenging an individual.
Exceptionally well put. I couldn't agree more!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 24 37.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.3%
Back