No pump strainer on 9430-DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You generally won't be able to run the pump at high speed. For reference the DC pumps typically are equal to the AC models at half power and on an AC one, you usually will run the air somewhat restricted so usually somewhere between 20-50% is the pump speed you would use.

OP
OP
ReefHog

ReefHog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You generally won't be able to run the pump at high speed. For reference the DC pumps typically are equal to the AC models at half power and on an AC one, you usually will run the air somewhat restricted so usually somewhere between 20-50% is the pump speed you would use.
Ok. So I'll leave it at 50%, raise it to 5.5" then tweak it to get the foam type I want and I should be all set from that point on.

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the water level inside your 9430? I ask because I actually looked at the instructions last night and I think I've been running it too high. I've always had water flowing out of the water compensation outlet (the round hole above the disc in the body of the skimmer; near the air and ozone inlets). Typically, the level is about half way up in that outlet hole. I'm thinking that the manual shows the water level is supposed to be below that compensation outlet. I've adjusted it and will see how it goes; just curious.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The manual says 3.9-7.8" depth of submersion. My experience is 4.5-5" tends to be the sweet spot where they work best. Water exiting that hole is not an issue unless it is all the way up that hole, which means anti over foaming is active and air flow is being blocked, but they are much more adjustable at a lower submersion depth and even the head engineer on the skimmers told me that 7.8" would only be possible on a very clean tank without problems.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back