• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

No replies to my emails, phone calls or tickets

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if someone here can assist? I have been trying to contact you for quite some time and no one relies. I have tried calling and leaving messages, opened tickets in the support portal and emailing you to no avail. At this point I need some immediate assistance so please reply here.

I have the following questions on your icecap k1-200 skimmer:

1. what is the diameter of the skimmer internal neck?
2. what is the diameter of the skimmers cup?
3. Is the skimmer Ozone safe?
4. are replacement parts available for the skimmer?
5. What is the cost for a replacement pump?
6. what is the cost of a replacement impeller?
7. Do you have or can you point to a video online that shows the skimmer in operation?
8. Is the pump a sicce design or sicce built pump?

I may have other follow up questions. Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes of course I have and there isn't a single video showing the skimmer running because its so new. although 8 questions might seem like a lot. they are all pertinent questions from an advanced reef.

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i am hoping they reply here with responses to.my questions as there are lots of other options outside of the coralvue skimmers that I have my crosshairs on. but I do like this one best at the moment but have to get some answers soon. sucks they don't reply.

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
still no response to any communication... is this how coralvue treats its customers? anyone else have the same issue?

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if someone here can assist? I have been trying to contact you for quite some time and no one relies. I have tried calling and leaving messages, opened tickets in the support portal and emailing you to no avail. At this point I need some immediate assistance so please reply here.

7. Do you have or can you point to a video online that shows the skimmer in operation?

I may have other follow up questions. Thanks in advance for your assistance with this.
  1. We will need to measure the internal neck of the skimmer to find out. I do not have that information currently available, so I submitted a request to see if we can pull one from the warehouse to find out for you.
  2. The diameter of the skimmer cup is 8".
  3. The skimmer is made from parts that are ozone resistant but out of the box we wouldn't consider it ozone safe. To make it ozone safe, that will be up to the individual user to carry out by installing the skimmer correctly to run ozone and capture any escaping ozone.
  4. These skimmers are fairly new so we don't have replacement parts up on the site yet. Generally manufacturers send us the products first followed by replacement parts shortly thereafter. We'll work on getting replacement pumps and impellers on the site sooner than later!
  5. Unfortunately we don't have pricing yet, but we estimate that it will be under $100.
  6. Once again we don't know quite yet but, as I mentioned above, getting the pumps and impellers on the site will be our first priority in terms of listing replacement parts and making them available to end-users.
  7. I do not see any videos online of this particular model in the series. I just watched a couple about the K-130, though. We also have an assembly video available. Hopefully you'll make a video that we can watch! :)
  8. The pump is not designed or built by Sicce. The pump is an EVair 900.
You are welcome to email me directly in the future if you'd like to speed communication. My email address is [email protected].

I am happy to look into the trouble tickets you submitted if you can provide me with the ticket numbers or your email address (PM is fine). It is very usual that they would go unanswered and we are happy and eager to explore why that may have occurred. I don't believe our phone system allows voicemails unless you reached an individual employee's extension. What day or days did you call? We definitely want to ease communication with hobbyists so if you can provide us with the additional information I've requested to help us track down your contacts to us, we would be very appreciative!

Thank you for your interest in IceCap! Let me know if you have any further questions in the meantime.

Best wishes,

Jeff @ CoralVue

Last edited:
OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi jeff,

thanks for attempting to try and answer my questions... However I was looking for more concise responces which will help me make up my mind if this skimmer is right for me. I would be happy to do a full end user you tube review in exchange for a free skimmer if that is something coralvue would be interested in lmk. Yes i was able to leave a VM message and requested a call back and left a detailed message a few days ago.

questions still outstanding:

1. I need to know if the plastics used in the skimmer are ozonesafe. meaning can they withstand the use of ozone gas without failing. not worried about how to set up using ozone as I have been using it for about years.

2. I really need to know what the pricing of a replacement pump and impeller will be +/- $5

3. please let me know what the skimmer neck diameter is so I can plan the use of a neck cleaner.

if you can get me answers to the above I would be in good shape to be able to proceed. thanks in advance for your help.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi jeff,

thanks for attempting to try and answer my questions... However I was looking for more concise responces which will help me make up my mind if this skimmer is right for me. I would be happy to do a full end user you tube review in exchange for a free skimmer is that is something coralvue would be interested in lmk. Yes i was able to leave a VM message and requested a call back and left a detailed message.

1. I need to know if the plastics used in the skimmer are ozonesafe. meaning can they withstand the use of ozone gas without failing. not worried about how to set up using ozone.

2. need to know what the pricing of a replacement pump and impeller will be.

3. please me know what the skimmer neck diameter is so I can plan the use of a neck cleaner.

if you can get me answers to the above I would be in good shape to be able to proceed.

Things are in motion on our side to get the answers you seek. I set a reminder for Monday to get back to you. Whether or not I have all the answers by then I do not know, but I will follow up either way with whatever I do have and keep pushing until I get the rest. Thank you for your interest and patience in the meantime!

Jeff @ CoralVue

Last edited:
OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for trying Jeff. I appreciate it. was hoping to get more information b4 the weekend since i have been at trying to contact you since last week. I will be patient tho.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for trying Jeff. I appreciate it. was hoping to get more information b4 the weekend since i have been at trying to contact you since last week. I will be patient tho.

I appreciate your enthusiasm! I am working to get your answers as quickly as possible. If you can supply me some of that information I requested earlier (your email address, ticket #'s, day or days you called, etc.) that will help us identify any lapses in our support process we would really appreciate it. I want to ensure you and others have more satisfying and helpful interactions with our support team going forward.

Jeff @ CoralVue

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have ticket # because no one responded so I don't think any were created? I dont remember the exact day I made the phone call but iwas last week I believe. hope that helps.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have ticket # because no one responded so I don't think any were created? I dont remember the exact day I made the phone call but iwas last week I believe. hope that helps.

Thank you! If you want to PM me your email address that would be very helpful. I just did a test and as soon as you send us an email, a ticket is automatically created and an email is sent back to you with the ticket #. You may want to check your spam/junk folders to see if you got any replies. But I can also check within the support system on my side if I have your email address.

Jeff @ CoralVue

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi jeff,

thanks for attempting to try and answer my questions... However I was looking for more concise responces which will help me make up my mind if this skimmer is right for me. I would be happy to do a full end user you tube review in exchange for a free skimmer if that is something coralvue would be interested in lmk. Yes i was able to leave a VM message and requested a call back and left a detailed message a few days ago.

1. I need to know if the plastics used in the skimmer are ozonesafe. meaning can they withstand the use of ozone gas without failing. not worried about how to set up using ozone as I have been using it for about years.

2. I really need to know what the pricing of a replacement pump and impeller will be +/- $5

3. please let me know what the skimmer neck diameter is so I can plan the use of a neck cleaner.

if you can get me answers to the above I would be in good shape to be able to proceed. thanks in advance for your help.

The diameter of the neck is 7.30”.

Jeff @ CoralVue

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry... perhaps I wasnt being clear. as mentioned I am planning to use an automated skimmer neck cleaner. i need to know the internal diameter of the inside neck of the skimmer not the inside diameter of the cup... i would imagine that 7.3" is the cup... again inside neck is the smaller hole that you can see down into the skimmer when you remove the lid. hoping that's a bit more clear. thanks

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry... perhaps I wasnt being clear. as mentioned I am planning to use an automated skimmer neck cleaner. i need to know the internal diameter of the inside neck of the skimmer not the inside diameter of the cup... i would imagine that 7.3" is the cup... again inside neck is the smaller hole that you can see down into the skimmer when you remove the lid. hoping that's a bit more clear. thanks

I've asked the team at headquarters to double-check the measurement for you. Hang tight!

Jeff @ CoralVue

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hopefully this is more helpful (not sure why it's coming in sideways, I have it rotated properly on my side):

K2-200.JPG

Jeff @ CoralVue

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Jeff... thats a very helpful picture. 93 mm is just about 3.6" which should work well for my needs... now will wait for the pricing of replacement pump and impeller so I can pull thtrigger.thanks again.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Out of curiosity, which brand ozonizer will you be using and how many milligrams?

While we await the costs of replacement parts, I figured I'd take a moment just to share that the skimmer is backed by a 1-year warranty.

Last but not least, in terms of neck cleaners, Reef Octopus has a bunch available for their various skimmers (you may already know this, but just wanted to throw out it there!).

Talk soon,

Jeff @ CoralVue

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Jeff... thats a very helpful picture. 93 mm is just about 3.6" which should work well for my needs... now will wait for the pricing of replacement pump and impeller so I can pull thtrigger.thanks again.

Fo sho! Happy to help!

Jeff @ CoralVue

OP
OP
coralcruze

coralcruze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a uh sterilizer that also provides ozone. I will have to check how much ozone it provides but iknow its controlled by a solenoid.

CoralVue_Marketing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Some more answers for ya! :D

The cost for a replacement pump is $59.99.

The cost for a replacement impeller is $17.99.

I am told we have a variety of replacement parts available for IceCap skimmers but they haven't always made it onto the website so that is something we will need to improve upon.

Jeff @ CoralVue

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back