Skimmer yes or no?

JMO but your wasting your time trying to convince the folks that worship skimmers that they aren't necessary. I swear some of them act like they are in a cult and the skimmer is God and life in our tanks can not survive without one. Had a member the other day say that not running a skimmer was like having my fish living in a septic tank. Gotta love the internet :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
I use a skimmer. I actually just spent $1000 to make room for an ATS and installed an external skimmer. I'm not trying to convince anyone. I'm just stating that it's not necessary. It's not necessary to wear clothes in my house, but I do.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new