No skimmer for a few days Question>>>

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
2,722
Reaction score
609
Location
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent my pump off to Coralvue to get fixed , (Hate RO skimmers 3 months old)Probably be gone for a week,Got a 120 so should i do a water change in 3 days or should i just wait till i get it back then do a 25% change..What do yall think
 
Really depends on your bioload. If you're lightly stocked you might be able to get by without it, but I'd feed light. Do you run a fuge or any media reactors? I would keep some water prepped and keep an eye on PO4 and NO3 while its down. At least they have parts readily avail for the skimmers I would hope. I had to wait 6 weeks for a replacement pump for my Elos ATO.
 
Really depends on your bioload. If you're lightly stocked you might be able to get by without it, but I'd feed light. Do you run a fuge or any media reactors? I would keep some water prepped and keep an eye on PO4 and NO3 while its down. At least they have parts readily avail for the skimmers I would hope. I had to wait 6 weeks for a replacement pump for my Elos ATO.

They told me turnaround is about a week, I would be freakin out if i had to go longer..Of course this happens after a 3 month battle with nitrates and finally got them down below 10,Yea I have fuge and gfo,I was thinking 5 gallons a day but wasnt sure if it would do anything...Well I know my fish are gonna go on a diet this week,along with the corals
:)
 
Wouldn't worry too much. Lots of reefers do not even use a skimmer. Just don't overfeed.
 
Wouldn't worry too much. Lots of reefers do not even use a skimmer. Just don't overfeed.

I couldnt believe not running one and my filter sock,with all the gunk that is taken out i bet my nitrates would be thru the roof..but I am a heavy feeder though..Gotta get rid of my sailfin ,Hes getting way to big and hes a poop-a-holic....
 
How heavy is your tank stocked. I have two tanks packed to the gills and I dont run skimmers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new