No skimmer for a few days Question>>>

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really depends on your bioload. If you're lightly stocked you might be able to get by without it, but I'd feed light. Do you run a fuge or any media reactors? I would keep some water prepped and keep an eye on PO4 and NO3 while its down. At least they have parts readily avail for the skimmers I would hope. I had to wait 6 weeks for a replacement pump for my Elos ATO.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really depends on your bioload. If you're lightly stocked you might be able to get by without it, but I'd feed light. Do you run a fuge or any media reactors? I would keep some water prepped and keep an eye on PO4 and NO3 while its down. At least they have parts readily avail for the skimmers I would hope. I had to wait 6 weeks for a replacement pump for my Elos ATO.

They told me turnaround is about a week, I would be freakin out if i had to go longer..Of course this happens after a 3 month battle with nitrates and finally got them down below 10,Yea I have fuge and gfo,I was thinking 5 gallons a day but wasnt sure if it would do anything...Well I know my fish are gonna go on a diet this week,along with the corals
:)

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't worry too much. Lots of reefers do not even use a skimmer. Just don't overfeed.

OP
OP
Budman's Corals

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't worry too much. Lots of reefers do not even use a skimmer. Just don't overfeed.

I couldnt believe not running one and my filter sock,with all the gunk that is taken out i bet my nitrates would be thru the roof..but I am a heavy feeder though..Gotta get rid of my sailfin ,Hes getting way to big and hes a poop-a-holic....

Verduzco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How heavy is your tank stocked. I have two tanks packed to the gills and I dont run skimmers.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back