No SPS Tank Pics

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it goes here or like member aquariums. But I want to see everyone with tanks that have no SPS in them at all. I know alot of people have everything but I have come to the conclusion that I can not have SPS in my tank because A: most of it dies B: the fiancé does not really like it because it is just a bunch of sticks and you know it will die or just be brown. She is not being mean she is telling the truth. So I want to see tanks with no SPS or at least tanks that have very very little SPS. Mainly LPS and Zoas. those I can grow all day long and look great in the tank.

OP
OP
BlazinNano

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep killing it.......... I do water changes weekly, feed my two clowns twice a week, run carbon, skimmer. Now my zoas grow as great as can be. My favia, hammer, frogspawn, duncan, ect. ect. grow great. Even a orange digi and a orange cap just started dieing on me yesterday. I am just going to stick with LPS and Zoas. I am sick of SPS lasting a couple days or a couple of weeks. Affraid if I keep trying and loosing them that I will get so peed off that I will just get rid of the whole setup. Sick of things dieing.

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep killing it.......... I do water changes weekly, feed my two clowns twice a week, run carbon, skimmer. Now my zoas grow as great as can be. My favia, hammer, frogspawn, duncan, ect. ect. grow great. Even a orange digi and a orange cap just started dieing on me yesterday. I am just going to stick with LPS and Zoas. I am sick of SPS lasting a couple days or a couple of weeks. Affraid if I keep trying and loosing them that I will get so peed off that I will just get rid of the whole setup. Sick of things dieing.
Sorry to hear the frustrations you are encountering but dont just give up find out what needs to be done to make it happend.What are your tank parameters at?It could be the most simple thing that is causing this to happend.

OP
OP
BlazinNano

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't even know anymore my test kits are old and I don't trust them anymore. Only store that actually does good water test with good kits around me is WWC and they are like 40 mins aways from me. Being unemployed I cant justify driving all the way out there and paying the 5-6 bucks to get a full workup on my water every couple of days to figure it out. As it is not stressful enough looking for a job to come home and see something else dieing is just killing me more. So i figure I stick with what is working for me. LPS and Zoas

OP
OP
BlazinNano

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest problem is probably my Salinity change. Tank goes through about a gallon a day and it is only a 28 gallon tank. Since I moved back in with my parents I had to add a fan to keep the tank cool. My dad does not like the house below 78 because it cost to much to keep it cool. Well with a 150W Mh on top the tank I had to add a fan to keep it at 78 instead of 82.

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My biggest problem is probably my Salinity change. Tank goes through about a gallon a day and it is only a 28 gallon tank. Since I moved back in with my parents I had to add a fan to keep the tank cool. My dad does not like the house below 78 because it cost to much to keep it cool. Well with a 150W Mh on top the tank I had to add a fan to keep it at 78 instead of 82.
I would look into a ATO from autotopoff.com they are cheap and will stabalize your salinity and if you keep the top off water cool it will help a bit with your temp also.

OP
OP
BlazinNano

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp does not change anymore. I stopped that a couple months ago. But do need to figure something out about the salinity. But still no one has pics of Mostly LPS and Zoa tanks???????

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Andrew let me come over and set you straight. I will hook you up with those frags and test your water (if they die oh well im not worried). Trust me I have turned a LOT of tanks from zero's to Hero's lol mine is not a great example though b/c I am constantly moving... I just need you to get a set of test kits for when im gone so we can adjust your dosing (this is the secret to SPS) all you need to do is keep your dosing consistent and of course im still a ESV head especially for that small of a tank. Do you use an ATO? if not with that much evap I would require it. You can get one from Salty supply for $80 and pick it up since there in orlando/maitland. Also if your getting that much evap you may want to invest in an RO/DI from Aqua FX you can pick it up there too its in winter park - talk to pete.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 128 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.1%
Back