noise from MP40

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got these mp40W es used i finally got a chance to plug them up today and one of them is making this noise below is it a bearing from the wetside? should i just replace the wetside before it goes out? thanks

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If both parts are truly balanced/aligned and you hear noise from the wet side it is prob the bearing. It might also be cracked. I would just buy a new wet side. There are videos on how to replace the bearings

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If both parts are truly balanced/aligned and you hear noise from the wet side it is prob the bearing. It might also be cracked. I would just buy a new wet side. There are videos on how to replace the bearings
is the QD wetside compatible with the older ES driver?

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. They do not make the old style for my MP60's and the new wets work fine with old dry sides

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take it apart and give is a rinse cleaning. I had the same noise from my new MP10 after I disrupted the sand bed too much near the wetside when cleaning my sand. I was freaking out, but the light cleaning did the trick.

FBAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Mp10's and it was making a similar noise. I had to take apart the connector on the dry side controller and reseat it. That solved the problem for me.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously that is the older style dryside, so at least 6 years old ...... probably more. Hard to tell for sure with the foam sleeve installed, but the westside looks like a more recent version, not the old style. Still could be 5 years old though. Before you replace the wetside, swap it with the one that does not make noise and see if the problem follows or not. Did you adjust the rubber spacer on the dryside for the correct glass thickness?

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Obviously that is the older style dryside, so at least 6 years old ...... probably more. Hard to tell for sure with the foam sleeve installed, but the westside looks like a more recent version, not the old style. Still could be 5 years old though. Before you replace the wetside, swap it with the one that does not make noise and see if the problem follows or not. Did you adjust the rubber spacer on the dryside for the correct glass thickness?
thats what i was gonna do today im gonna swap it with the other wetside and see if it still makes the noise because that one doesn't make any noise and they are both set to the same glass thickness and only that side is making noise also today the noise seems to have quieted down some so maybe taking it apart and cleaning it would help

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back