Noise Rollermat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Aquajan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I got a theiling rollermat compact installed in my sump but when I install it like it is suppose to it is quite noisy.
I wondered if it makes noise on the 750xxl too?

When I hang it just 2/3'' deeper in the water than it should be becomes silent. But than it use more fleece as it has less water pressure..

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't notice much noise at all. We just have ours hanging off the side of the sump, not on the included stand. It ends up being roughly 3" submerged.

Aznwi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got one from brs. Do you think it can work with the bottom one inch above waterline?

OP
OP
Aquajan

Aquajan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Hmm I don't think it works well that way.
It will probably get noisy from the water falling down.
And more importantly the filter is designed to be with a piece of the bottom in the water.
So when u raise it above the water preshure on the fleece gets to high so it never reaches the float switch (or atleast mutch less often).

If u cannot lower the filter it might be possible to create something from the outflow underneath the roller like a goose neck with pvc and in that way increase preshure.

So if u would put 2x32mm knees on the outflow of the rollermat and a small piece of 32mm pvc pipe to the Pont where the optimal water level of the roller is and again 2x32mm knee with a piece of pipe u would in theorie have the right preshure to make it work.
But I did not ever try that out myself.

I used this on the intake of the roller to raise the roller a bit to make it fit on my return line.

The piece with the tape on it would be the outflow of ur rollermat and the 2 upper knees should be on the point where reccomended waterhight of the roller body is.

I hope this helps a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_20210213_152636.jpg
    IMG_20210213_152636.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 57

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back