Noisy bubbles recirculating in Ca reactor

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I installed a Aquamaxx T2 fed by a Carbon doser CO2 reg. And pulled through by a Kamoer FX STP2. Its actually a very nice set up. Problem is when the bubbles of CO2 get dosed for a while, they accumulate at the top of the reactor. The Kamoer pick up is along the section where the recirculating pump pulls in also. The bubbles do not get pulled into the kamoer tube, but zip right past and get chopped up by the sicce. Probably good for not wasting CO2, but this is 3 feet from my bed. Help its friggin annoying. In my opinion the top section that feeds both the kamoer and the recirculating pump should have an adapter to pick up the water lower into the reactor and let the bubbles stay stuck at tge top.

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green arrow shows where water gets pulled down into the recirculating pump. Red arrow shows where the kamoer pulls out the water to dose the tank. Useless to remove gas since the sicce pulls the bubbles way too fast to get sucked up the kamoer line out.

Attachments

• 20201220_144341.jpg
    20201220_144341.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 71

azcrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does that to, I fix it is by turnung off the sicce and let the versa get all the air out of the reactor (takes couple of minutes) some times I have to tilt the reactor to make go faster.

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plumbed a 1/4" fitting into the top and Tee'd it to the pulling of effluent tube from my kamoer. So the kamoer pulled effluent and the air at the same time. It works, but you need to plumb near an edge of the top cover and put a piece of cardboard under the reactor so it's slightly tilted making the air accumulate at your new outlet hole to be pulled out.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that same CaRx. You have a leak or are using too much co2. You can just remove the extra gas like above, look for the leak or tune the reactor better. Leaks are terrible and sometimes hard to find.

OP
OP
kevensquint

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case there is no leak. Aquamaxx have numerous comments online about this. I actually contacted them and suggested making a slope under the lid to guide air to the effluent outlet to be constantly and automatically pulled out on its own. That was 2 years ago.....

d88p

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have that same CaRx. You have a leak or are using too much co2. You can just remove the extra gas like above, look for the leak or tune the reactor better. Leaks are terrible and sometimes hard to find.
I’ve done a thorough check for leaks and don’t see any salt build up or anything. As far as tuning I’ve set my carbon doser to lowest setting of 10 and also psi is at its lowest at 3 psi for smallest bubbles and fx-stp set at 3.0ml/min since that’s the setting that keeps my alk and calcium stable for the last week. But just get this constant build up of co2 at the top of the lid after 5-6 hours of running.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a paper at the bottom of my signature on how to tune a CaRx. Need to know bubbles, output drips and then effluent of the dKh. You can tune it so that there is no waste. 40 drops and 10 bubbles a minute is a good place to start. If you have no leaks and co2 is accumulating at the top, then you are wasting co2 and could have lower tank pH as a result.

You can tip the thing on it's side to trap the bubbles if you need to.

If you run CaRx for long enough, lines get hard and so do O rings and seals. They pull in air and don't show salt creep, so they are hard to find. They don't look like regular weeping leaks that leave traces. This can be like 5-10 years of use. Make sure that all of your lines are pushed in all of the way

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back