NOISY Intank Media for Fluval 13.5

Gatling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all, my new Intank media chamber 1 for my fluval 13.5 is making too much waterfall noise. Even with filter floss, it is making noise.

The main issue is my tank is in my room and i'm not sure how I will sleep!

I believe this is a water flow problem. If I try to raise the water level so there is less of a waterfall drop, my tank will overflow. The display tank water level is already dangerously close to the edge (an inch from the top). What has other people done to fix this noise issue?

K-Philly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says it all, my new Intank media chamber 1 for my fluval 13.5 is making too much waterfall noise. Even with filter floss, it is making noise.

The main issue is my tank is in my room and i'm not sure how I will sleep!

I believe this is a water flow problem. If I try to raise the water level so there is less of a waterfall drop, my tank will overflow. The display tank water level is already dangerously close to the edge (an inch from the top). What has other people done to fix this noise issue?
Can you possible swap out the filter floss, and see if that helps. From my understanding it is just mechanical filtration and I can see it matting up, causing a hard splash on the top of it. Maybe something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Aquaneat-Spo...=1551843138&s=gateway&sr=8-43&tag=googhydr-20

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back