Noisy Seachem Tidal 35

  • Thread starter Thread starter DEL 707
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DEL 707

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2024
Messages
147
Reaction score
38
Location
UK, Kent
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new Seachem HOB just turned up and I'm very worried about it.

It said it was self priming, so I removed the basket and all the media and just hooked it up to see how it runs.
It started with some very unhealthy grinding noises as it started up, I freaked out and turned the unit off. I turned it back on again and while it seems to work, I am not impressed with the nose levels, it sounds louder then my other HOB.

I've attached a video of what it sounds like, my phone doesn't do it justice.

Did I do something wrong in the setup?
Have I got a faulty unit?

 
I suggest you take the pump apart and check to see if there are broken pieces in there. It kind of sounds like something was mis-aligned when you started it up which could have grinded gears or broken a few teeth. That would cause it to be unstable and cause the noise you have now.
 
NOT impressed with tidals alot of hype but if the water level drops They grind. We have tested them all models. In my opinion the new smart clean Aqueon fiters are MUCH better in that pump is smartly placed lower and thus no grinding Noise. They and the Fluval aquaclear in my opinion are better value long term , good Luck
 
Quickly threw on my replacement unit today. Still some noise.



Am I being too picky?

My tanks only 56l so really don't want to get a skimmer. The tank is in the bedroom, so keeping noise down is pretty important.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new