Noisy Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 Return Pump

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same issue here. I have the 3.5 and I bought it thinking it would be an upgrade but it’s super loud. The pump pushes a ton of water and I haven’t had any other issues with it so far, but for a pump with “silent” in the name, it really shouldn’t be this loud. I’m glad it’s not just me.

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine these things as Sherman tanks with a better muffler. Indestructible.... and silent by armed war tank standards which means. Well we all seemed to Learn what that means lol

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the same Sicce 1.5 running on my algae scrubber. For being a small pump it’s not a quiet pump. I think the sound your hearing is normal for that pump…

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Junk pumps really, you want silent get a Jebao DCP and enjoy very low wattage usage, and controllability

I have a 2000 on my calcium reactor and its dead silent, I use the 10000 on my basement return pump, also silent

and most important and what OP noticed. Almost no vibration at all. Of and affordable, not cheap

microcomp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone find a solution for an EVO or a small tank?
I know this is probably a year too late but I had the same problem with a very noisy Sicce 1.0 in an EVO 13.5 tank. It was less than a week old so I knew it didn't need cleaning so I took off the suction cups and just let it hang from the output tube and the RFG and now I can't hear it. It must have been causing some vibrations in that small chamber that were somehow amplified. I was just about to pack up the Sicce and send it back but now it is bearable.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 1.5 would vibrate against the Sides of my Oceanic Return Chamber. I Wrapped a Double Faced Velcro Strap, around it, to Cushion it, and it has been quiet.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back