Nominate: One Snail + One Fish (BEST Algae Fighting Combo)

Do you have a favorite FISH and SNAIL combo for combating algae?

  • Yes and they are? (post in thread)

    Votes: 110 40.0%
  • No I don't have a favorite

    Votes: 165 60.0%

  • Total voters
    275
Oh man, I have to disagree. I do snail only cleanup crews (not including fish). I have approximately 150 assorted snails in my 75 and it stays squeaky clean.

How much is the replenishment cost of 150 snail clean up crew on an annual basis?
 
Foxface Lo
Strawberry Conch
conch.jpg

best picture ever
 
My foxface hasn’t went after anything but prepared food. I’m gonna get rid of him soon. He’s aggressive and obese, he wants all the food in the tank and will tear the fins off any fish that gets in his way. Yellow eye kole tang and trocus snails are my vote
 
Bumblebees aren't herbivores...
Well they certainly like munching over the odd bit of seaweed I put in ? And always over any patches of fine algae!
 
I prefer the trochus snail and lawnmower Blenny trochus can upright them self’s at anytime and don’t have to be baby sat they clean extremely fast and don’t tend to knock over anything like most turbos do
 
I got a tuxedo urchin before but my hermit crabs turned it over and ate it so I’ve never gotten another urchin. Is this common?
I'd try again with maybe a bigger Urchin? Or maybe your hermits are just beasts! ;)
 
i rented a sea hare to clean some HA in my lagoon. she was done in 48hrs. amazing creature!
Absolutely I remember when I got a shed load of hair algae once and the sea hare was happy as Larry!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new