Non-bias lighting help, please?

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured not everyone are in the Facebook group, so for your convenience I attached here a snapshot from Deborah's measurement of the Uno2 over her reef tank:

1675042387764.png

1675042421831.png

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 100 cm long x 60 cm height x 45 cm depth intended for SPS only, will be enough with one ReeFi?

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a big tank (39x17x24) to try and cover with a single light I would think. I think their older duo/duo extreme might be better.

I currently have a radion G3 X15 with a current usa strip, I know, those lights are not good for sps, but I only plan to put sps in the center area of the tank, between 27-32 inches long, 13 inches depth.

If need more than 1 light, then I was thinking to get two Reef flare Pro S instead of 1 ReeFi.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quanta bars would be my first suggestion. Great customer service, and come in a wide variety of lengths with excellent, T5-like coverage which would work well in that footprint. They're also very affordable. Can't dim (yet) so if controllability is non- negotiable then something else is better... but 99% of us set our intensity then forget it

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quanta bars would be my first suggestion. Great customer service, and come in a wide variety of lengths with excellent, T5-like coverage which would work well in that footprint. They're also very affordable. Can't dim (yet) so if controllability is non- negotiable then something else is better... but 99% of us set our intensity then forget it

Dimming and LEDs (less power consumption) was pretty much the reason why I'm in this hobby, plus the ability to fine tune each channel (Radions).

That's why I was thinking to get 2 AI Blades.

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dimming and LEDs (less power consumption) was pretty much the reason why I'm in this hobby, plus the ability to fine tune each channel (Radions).

Quanta are LED, but understandable.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 100 cm long x 60 cm height x 45 cm depth intended for SPS only, will be enough with one ReeFi?
2 Uno2 is probably an overkill.
I would go with 2 Uno1, or 1 duo like others suggested.

I would be more worried about their questionable quality track record than to cover and provide enough PAR with them.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 Uno2 is probably an overkill.
I would go with 2 Uno1, or 1 duo like others suggested.
As far as I know, right now, ReeFi only sells Duo Extreme and Uno 2.0 Pro.

I would be more worried about their questionable quality track record than to cover and provide enough PAR with them.

Yes, that's why I'm looking for other lights bars, unfortunately Quanta's are too thick and not dimmable.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as I know, right now, ReeFi only sells Duo Extreme and Uno 2.0 Pro.
Yes, the Uno1 is sold out, however I've seen many reefers selling their older Uno1 to upgrade to the Uno2, given that the light is about 2 years old in total, it means you still have 1 year left in warranty, and can get them cheaper.
Otherwise, the Duo is a great deal and should be enough for your system although the spectrum is more on the whitish/MH side, to the bluish Uno2 or purplish Uno1.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the Uno1 is sold out, however I've seen many reefers selling their older Uno1 to upgrade to the Uno2, given that the light is about 2 years old in total, it means you still have 1 year left in warranty, and can get them cheaper.
Otherwise, the Duo is a great deal and should be enough for your system although the spectrum is more on the whitish/MH side, to the bluish Uno2 or purplish Uno1.

That's also something that I was taking into account, the Uno 2.0 seems to have the led colors that I'm probably gonna enjoy :)

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Red Sea ReefLED 160S LED Light​

The problem with those lights is that you can't fine tune each channel, they have some channels groups but you can't program them by each color independently and the app has issues.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem with those lights is that you can't fine tune each channel, they have some channels groups but you can't program them by each color independently and the app has issues.
i have the 90s the app works fine for me

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting here because I’m planning for a mixed tank, but if I were to lean in a direction, it’d be towards sps.
2 part lighting question for folks with bigger tanks,…
My past tank was a standard 120, 4x2x2. I had two black box LEDs similar to Viparspectras. Everything was good. SPS grew pretty well and my LPS was happy. Coverage seemed just fine.
My new tank will be 48w30d24h. First, am I silly for worrying about the coverage of the additional 6” of depth? I’m having a heck of a time finding higher quality lights for under $1500 that seem to be a good option to fill the 48”x30” floor. I’ve been looking at Kessils, Radions, and now I’m on an Orphek kick. This shouldn’t be so painful.
Second thing that keeps haunting me is should I even buy more pricey lights? I had no problems or real complaints with my black boxes. Is the additional $1000 really worth it? Especially, knowing I could replace those black boxes 4 times over if they didn’t last with the amount I’d be saving.
If you only care about results and you were achieving those results with black boxes, why change?

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the 90s the app works fine for me
Maybe you are a lucky one, if you search for threads of those lights, you will find that their app is buggy.

Instead of those I was looking those Reef flare Pro S.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back