Non-Corrosive 1/3 or 1/2 hp Utility Sump Pump

calanprc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I'm looking for a 1/3 or 1/2 hp non-corrosive utility sump pump to transfer my saltwater mix in the basement to my reef tank on the first floor. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I tried the Sicce Zero but it did not have enough head pressure.

Thank you All!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I'm looking for a 1/3 or 1/2 hp non-corrosive utility sump pump to transfer my saltwater mix in the basement to my reef tank on the first floor. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I tried the Sicce Zero but it did not have enough head pressure.

Thank you All!
Theres some on amazon but if you want something truly reef safe sitting in the water, i would go with a jebao dcp1000 and glue a 3/4 pvc slip x hose barb onto the 3/4 adapter.
It will have all the head height you need and is controllable/soft start.

OP
OP
calanprc

calanprc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres some on amazon but if you want something truly reef safe sitting in the water, i would go with a jebao dcp1000 and glue a 3/4 pvc slip x hose barb onto the 3/4 adapter.
It will have all the head height you need and is controllable/soft start.
Thank you so much! I only see the Jebao dcp 10000 sine wave pump. Is that the one you are referring to?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much! I only see the Jebao dcp 10000 sine wave pump. Is that the one you are referring to?
Yes. Its a return pump but its rated much higher head and gph than the sicce zero.

Amazon sells some thermoplastic utility pumps with thermoplastic impeller that are rated with more gph and ft. of head but im more concerned with the exposed screws and what not.

OP
OP
calanprc

calanprc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Its a return pump but its rated much higher head and gph than the sicce zero.

Amazon sells some thermoplastic utility pumps with thermoplastic impeller that are rated with more gph and ft. of head but im more concerned with the exposed screws and what not.
I totally agree. The less component’s that are likely to rust the better!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back