Non-dimmable Illumination and Temp-dependent issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up 2 Illumination channels to control my Actinic and MH light fixtures per GHL's online video as seen here.

I have Illumination 1 as my actinic and set to non-dimmable, scheduled 12:00pm - 10:00pm with temp. dependent on.
I also set the temp. dependent lightred to use temperature 1, and set the non-dimmable setting to 2*c.
I have switch channel 3 as my actinic socket, function set to Illumination 1, blackout 5 minutes.

Tank temp is 26.2c (range is 25.6-26.4). So why doesn't the actinic socket turn on? If I turn the temp. dependent option off, it comes on. What am I missing here? Same holds true for the MH's.

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used the basic timer on my MH light. Turn on at desired time turn off at desired time. I never needed the illumination setup function. As I just wanted lights on or off.

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just used the basic timer on my MH light. Turn on at desired time turn off at desired time. I never needed the illumination setup function. As I just wanted lights on or off.
Ed,
That's how I would think it should be, but after watching the video, I went that route. It has a temp dependant shut down.
What do you have in place if the tank befores over temp? Do you have a safety overtemp in place?
TIA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The purpose of the Illumination channels is to have a dedicated lighting section that incorporates the temperature dependent reduction safety feature. The Illumination section also makes it quicker and easier to setup schedules for those who own dimmable and non-dimmable lighting.

The shut off point for the temp.dep.light reduction will be based on your desired temperature as set in your probe settings. If you post a screenshot of your settings (temperature probe, illumination channels, and temp.dep.), I can take a look and see if any adjustments need to be made.

OP
OP
Member No 1

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The purpose of the Illumination channels is to have a dedicated lighting section that incorporates the temperature dependent reduction safety feature. The Illumination section also makes it quicker and easier to setup schedules for those who own dimmable and non-dimmable lighting.

The shut off point for the temp.dep.light reduction will be based on your desired temperature as set in your probe settings. If you post a screenshot of your settings (temperature probe, illumination channels, and temp.dep.), I can take a look and see if any adjustments need to be made.
Vinny thanks for the reply. It works as programed, lights are on and off at desired times, but when I artificially raised the temp (held the probe in my hand) the socket did turn off at the set value. What happened is when the temp returned to normal, the socket didn't come back on. I then when in to the illination channel, turned off temp dependent, the socket turned on. Went back in, turned temp dependent on, and the socket stays on.
Once it turns off do to a high temp condition, will the program reset as temp returns to normal, or will it need to wait until the next day when the lighting cycle start again?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once the light reduction is triggered, the schedule remains OFF until the start of the next day.
This is mentioned on page 68 of the P4 Resource Guide.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back