Alk-9
Ca-430
Ma-1400
Ph-8.2
Temp- 78
Nitrate 8 ppm
Salinity 1.024
I tested all of this and they all seem fine
It’s a 33 gallon long frag tank. I have a baby mata tang, 3 clowns and a dotty back. I have softies, LPs and sps frags. I have one vipra spectra and I have been trying to adjust, waiting to see if that was it and I tried adjusting the flow to see if that was it to. I use instant ocean but I’m switching to Red Sea because I heard it may be the salt I do 10% water changes every week and I have a 55 and 75 gallon hang on back filter. I’m adding 2 50W nicrew lights. For the spots that don’t have lights so I can spread the coral out. I tried dipping all the corals today. This has been happening for like two weeks to a week and a half.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had white lights on white and blue now I have blue. I’ve tried raising my light right now I’m trying blue lights.

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to need a skimmer or refugium and some more live rock. Those hob filters are mechanical filtration only. You have no real biological filtration on the tank.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? The water is cloudy which indicates bacteria or algae bloom. That's not enough light at all either for par.

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? The water is cloudy which indicates bacteria or algae bloom. That's not enough light at all either for par.
I set it up early December because I upgraded my 20 gallon frag tank to a 33 but I used all the same things and same media and that 20 gallon was 7 months old

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to need a skimmer or refugium and some more live rock. Those hob filters are mechanical filtration only. You have no real biological filtration on the tank.
I have media bags in my filter and live rock from my 55 gallon

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk-9
Ca-430
Ma-1400
Ph-8.2
Temp- 78
Nitrate 8 ppm
Salinity 1.024
It’s a 33 gallon long frag tank. I have a baby mata tang, 3 clowns and a dotty back. I have softies, LPs and sps frags. I have one vipra spectra and I have been trying to adjust, waiting to see if that was it and I tried adjusting the flow to see if that was it to. I use instant ocean but I’m switching to Red Sea because I heard it may be the salt I do 10% water changes every week and I have a 55 and 75 gallon hang on back filter. I’m adding 2 50W nicrew lights. For the spots that don’t have lights so I can spread the coral out. I tried dipping all the corals today. This has been happening for like two weeks to a week and a half.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Someone said if can be toxins from my baby toadstools

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea it’s all the same stuff from a cycled tank including live rock media, same filter, and it sat empty for two weeks
Did you confirm it was cycling? Did you add an ammonia source and determine 0 ammonia 24 hours later with measurable nitrates? How long have your fish been in there?

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you confirm it was cycling? Did you add an ammonia source and determine 0 ammonia 24 hours later with measurable nitrates? How long have your fish been in there?

I have had fish in there for a month and I have dr times ammonia chloride and Api and salfert ammonia test kit. My nitrates were a little low though they were like 3 ppm so today I added some extra foods to help boost them. To see if there closing for low nitrate

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Alk-9
Ca-430
Ma-1400
Ph-8.2
Temp- 78
Nitrate 8 ppm
Salinity 1.024
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Bump salinity, assure adequate flow, assure Po4 not elevated and bump salinity to 1.025

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never suffered such an issue but you sure have a lot of stuff and very little rock. Even when I was burning my corals for years they still opened up. They just would bleach after a month. Rent a par meter. I hope you figure this out.

OP
OP
Dylans aquatics

Dylans aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never suffered such an issue but you sure have a lot of stuff and very little rock. Even when I was burning my corals for years they still opened up. They just would bleach after a month. Rent a par meter. I hope you figure this out.
I did and the park in the middle was like 100 something I remember

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ohh... the new aquamaxx bullet 3 hob skimmer would be perfect for this tank. Don't get the 1 or 2 as the 3 is easily adjusted. I have one on a 40g. Stop dosing no pox or whatever you are probably dosing and don't use any chemical filtration.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 30 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back