Noo-Psyche Full Tank Shots. Showing off!

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
1,170
Reaction score
1,924
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 100%
1   0   2
Hello Noo-Psyche users

Post up FTSs with your tanks lit up by Noo-Psyche Product! (Or showing off other Noo-Psyche gear.) The purpose of this thread is to display or GET BONUS ! Pls show off yours!
Animated GIF


Noo-Psyche
 
18C18762-658B-4598-B446-8CE0C0EC846B.jpeg

JBJ 28g AIO lighted with a K7 v3 mini

This was less than a week after transferring everything to this tank. Some of my corals (especially some zoas) were fading away in the old tank. So I rushed my transfer and got everything moved over. I didn’t realize the corals would respond this well to the K7 mini. It’s still set fairly low so I’ll start ramping up the intensity soon.
 
Need to upgrade my lights. I've been debating these for a while. I've had them in my cart several times now, just haven't pulled the trigger.
nervous mickey mouse GIF




They seem to be really close in ability as the big names for a lot less. At least for a intermediate level tank that doesn't have very specific lighting requirements.

Great looking tanks posted so far in this thread.
 
What foot print do these cover? I have a 36”x72” foot print at 2ft deep.. Sps dominated! How many lights and which ones would you prefer?!? I have radions and halides currently..
 
What foot print do these cover? I have a 36”x72” foot print at 2ft deep.. Sps dominated! How many lights and which ones would you prefer?!? I have radions and halides currently..
Personally, if I had an SPS tank that size I would probably be looking at 4 of the full size K7 PRO 3 (seem to be on sale for a pretty good price right now) and some supplemental lights like T5's or LED bars to cover that front to back width and limit shadowing.

I think @vetteguy53081 and @Gtinnel have a bit more experience with Noo-Psyche than me, maybe they'd have some input.
 
What foot print do these cover? I have a 36”x72” foot print at 2ft deep.. Sps dominated! How many lights and which ones would you prefer?!? I have radions and halides currently..
Four minimum ideal would be six as shown in little drawing

1681483657829.png
1681483669877.png
 
Personally, if I had an SPS tank that size I would probably be looking at 4 of the full size K7 PRO 3 (seem to be on sale for a pretty good price right now) and some supplemental lights like T5's or LED bars to cover that front to back width and limit shadowing.

I think @vetteguy53081 and @Gtinnel have a bit more experience with Noo-Psyche than me, maybe they'd have some input.
I see that.. not a bad deal at all.. I’d prolly go with 6 of them.. wish I could see one in person.. I’ll ask my local peeps if anyone has one and check out their tank.
 
Run with 2xK7 Pro III’s. Tank still maturing, dimensions 3’x2’x2’:


IMG_6283.jpeg
what is your light schedule? I love how you got the colours to pop so much
 
I see that.. not a bad deal at all.. I’d prolly go with 6 of them.. wish I could see one in person.. I’ll ask my local peeps if anyone has one and check out their tank.
That is a lot of tank to cover even with 6 lights. I don’t know how well they would cover the 36” front to back if in a single row. If me I would probably do 2 rows of lights.
I believe Noopsyche lists the coverage area as being 24” wide, so your 36” front to back would be a stretch.
I have another tank I am wanting to light with some K7V3 that is a little over 36” wide and I wouldn’t even consider trying to light that length with only 1.
 
I see that.. not a bad deal at all.. I’d prolly go with 6 of them.. wish I could see one in person.. I’ll ask my local peeps if anyone has one and check out their tank.
The minis aren't as adjustable as the PROs so I can't speak to them ... yet. So I'm not sure if I could get it looking more blue rather than purple but now I don't want to touch it because the corals are looking so happy.
 
What foot print do these cover? I have a 36”x72” foot print at 2ft deep.. Sps dominated! How many lights and which ones would you prefer?!? I have radions and halides currently..
I'm running 2 K7 V3 140s, 1 K7 Pro II 90, and 1 K7 V3 75. I have to run them at 100% though but my SPS are doing good.
IMG_20230410_191135567.jpg
not the best quality pictures...
IMG_20230409_202952264.jpg
IMG_20230409_202933157.jpg

IMG_20230409_202920103.jpg
 
That is a lot of tank to cover even with 6 lights. I don’t know how well they would cover the 36” front to back if in a single row. If me I would probably do 2 rows of lights.
I believe Noopsyche lists the coverage area as being 24” wide, so your 36” front to back would be a stretch.
I have another tank I am wanting to light with some K7V3 that is a little over 36” wide and I wouldn’t even consider trying to light that length with only 1.
Yeah that’s why I said maybe 8. More I think about it 10 sheesh.. haha… I love my radions but I need min 5 more to replace my metal halides and I ain’t gotta that kinda cash! Lol.. these are getting good reviews… even if I got 8 that’s only 2 radions…
 
Yeah that’s why I said maybe 8. More I think about it 10 sheesh.. haha… I love my radions but I need min 5 more to replace my metal halides and I ain’t gotta that kinda cash! Lol.. these are getting good reviews… even if I got 8 that’s only 2 radions…
I’d say two rows of 4 would work. That makes it to where each lights has to cover a 18”x18” area, which I would think would work well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new