(Noob) hitchhiker ID

findingsimple

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2023
Messages
715
Reaction score
3,861
Location
South Australia
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update - Solved ✅ They are baby bristle worms

=======================================

Just found these critters on a new coral I missed.

I haven’t been able to ID looking around. Can someone please help me out? What should my concern level be? TIA!

4091F5DA-3E6E-4986-A2B9-5B7B3A1DC07B.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Baby bristleworms and although not welcomed in my tanks are desired by many as cleanup crew as they eat detritus and uneaten food.
 
Bristleworms. Not bad, per se. They are detritivores and can be beneficial. Their population will self limit based on available nutrients. If it gets out of control it should alert you to bigger issues.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new